Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Here's what I do...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam,
My last band was in late 70's. I was using an organ, kicking bass pedals, and it had a pretty primitive drum section in it. After a few upgrades I ended up with a huge Yamaha FS500 organ--heavy, expense, etc. I had leslies, p.a., bench--the gear took up an entire van.
When arrangers were first introduced, I switched! I had most all of the early Yamaha arrangers, starting with PSR 50! I midied them to a drum machine, and used a DX7 for lead sounds, along with a piano module.
As arrangers progressed I had just about all of them, Technics, Yamaha, Roland, Ketron and finally Korg. I've probably had 30 different ones at least!
The Technics 2000 was the first arranger with which I could eliminate the external drum machine, and it also had some pretty good lead sounds, so gradually stopped using all the external things.
The first arranger I had with an internal vocal harmonizer was Yamaha PSR8000. It was really way ahead of its time, and I used it for several years.
Later had just about all the PSRs and Tyros line. Briefly went back to modules, with Ketron Midjay and then Roland BK7m, but I much prefer the all-in-one convenience of modern top of the line arrangers! The Ketron Audya was really good, but as I got older it got heavier! Smile
The PA4X is the culmination of a LONG journey. It way well be my last one, but I've said that many times over the years, as they just keep getting better and better. Not too many years left in this old body now though and I'm paying the price for being a "jock" when I was young. I'll be 74 in July, and the phone will probably stop ringing pretty soon.
DonM
www.donmasonmusic.com
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonM wrote:
The PA4X is the culmination of a LONG journey. ...

Yeah! I can see that! Somehow you were able to make it work all these years. I'm sure a lot of people made all kinds of comments about you not having a "real job" and stuff while they hated going to their own real job for 30 years or so! I don't think I've ever met a one man band in person who was able to last as long as you have. Usually things change overtime and eventually people lose interest....You must've handled the situation pretty well to be able to stay in the game for this long. Hats off to you...

DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
DonM wrote:
The PA4X is the culmination of a LONG journey. ...

Yeah! I can see that! Somehow you were able to make it work all these years. I'm sure a lot of people made all kinds of comments about you not having a "real job" and stuff while they hated going to their own real job for 30 years or so! I don't think I've ever met a one man band in person who was able to last as long as you have. Usually things change overtime and eventually people lose interest....You must've handled the situation pretty well to be able to stay in the game for this long. Hats off to you...

Thanks Sam,
For about 10 years I owned my own night club, but six nights a week PLUS running the business sort of burned me out.
I've pretty much played at the same high-end supper club for most of the past 20 years!
I have been very fortunate!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: