Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More Behringer synths etc
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Gerardi wrote:
I don't get the OSCar thing- it was a short-lived and not very popular synth.

..Joe.,

It was designed and built here in the UK by the same team that gave us the Wasp. It sold very well at the time, but not outside the UK. I wasn't that bothered about it at the time (I'd just bought a Prophet 5), but I wouldn't mind one now.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadwave wrote:
Joe Gerardi wrote:
I don't get the OSCar thing- it was a short-lived and not very popular synth.

..Joe.,

It was designed and built here in the UK by the same team that gave us the Wasp. It sold very well at the time, but not outside the UK. I wasn't that bothered about it at the time (I'd just bought a Prophet 5), but I wouldn't mind one now.

you can make room for it, somehow Wink
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if Broadwave gets to really wanting this and it doesn't hit, he will just build one! Laughing
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Behringer the clone market is going to get a huge boost.

You can see it in a negative light ('cheap lookalikes but nothing like the real thing', 'where's the innovation', etc.), or in a positive light ('great forgotten designs coming to life again, finally an affordable version', etc), but I am willing to bet that with the entrance of Behringer a LOT of musicians will be spending their money on the revived old synth designs.

Personally I'm more interested in something new and innovative, but I can see the appeal of having for instance an ARP2600 clone in your (home-)studio.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan1 wrote:
With Behringer the clone market is going to get a huge boost.

You can see it in a negative light ('cheap lookalikes but nothing like the real thing', 'where's the innovation', etc.), or in a positive light ('great forgotten designs coming to life again, finally an affordable version', etc), but I am willing to bet that with the entrance of Behringer a LOT of musicians will be spending their money on the revived old synth designs.

Personally I'm more interested in something new and innovative, but I can see the appeal of having for instance an ARP2600 clone in your (home-)studio.

I think we, as musicians, have to consider that business people ( who understand the industry and/or their niche) run these cos and make product decisions based on cost/profit etc. If they make faulty decisions, there are consequences.
I think its that clinical. Having worked for Sony for 9 yrs ( and other tech cos) has given me that perspective.

Failure is not cheap.
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
you can make room for it, somehow Wink

Hmmm... Possible I suppose. I've just tidied up my studio, so I now have room to swing a relatively large cat without the poor blighter incurring concussion Wink

Bertotti wrote:
Well if Broadwave gets to really wanting this and it doesn't hit, he will just build one! Laughing

I only have one more project on my mind - and that's to do something about those ridiculously tiny sliders and knobs on the JP-08. It'll probably involve tears, tantrums and a box of Band-Aid. Laughing

But as far as the Minimoog is concerned... honestly? I've always thought it over-hyped Shocked Shocked The crosstalk is dreadful, the VCO's are incapable of producing a 50% duty square wave (without a trimmer mod), both the VCF & VCA distort, and don't even get me onto the bleed from the mod wheel. It's not character - Electronically, it's bad design, and always has been. But... BUT - it's probably still one of the best synths out there as far as playability is concerned, apart from the 2600 Wink

Can you imagine the uproar if a $3K analogue mono synth was produced today with theses problems - it would get slated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: