Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cubase/ProTools to Pa4x Oriental question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mlogical

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:37 am    Post subject: Cubase/ProTools to Pa4x Oriental question Reply with quote

IF I want to make an arabic song using the drum machine of the PA4x Oriental, what are my best options in doing so besides setting up an Audio track and pressing play on the 4xOriental?

If anyone can offer some help, and possibly step-by-step instructions, that would be greatly appreciated! My biggest problem is I have Cubase 5, and it doesn't recognize the Pa4x, so I don't know what to do now.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you already have the scale tuning and user sounds/drum kits figured out, it really make no difference if you're recording an Arabic or Vietnamese song. You still have to use the same features and input/output connections.

Do you want to record the whole song with this keyboard, or just the drum part? Do you want to be able to edit the patterns later? Then you work with midi and once you have the final arrangement you print the tracks as audio.

If you already have what you need , then you just open an audio track and record... . Again, there's more than one way of doing this. You gotta be more specific.

Edit:
I just noticed you're talking about the Oriental version. I don't know if they let you use the midi connection with Oriental styles. Maybe someone can clarify?

mlogical

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand what you are saying, but you did not understand what I was asking.

I want to create an arabic song.

I have a style on the pa4x oriental, that has the drum and percussion exactly the way I want it to sound.

My question was, what is the best method to being able to record the drum and percussion tracks separately on Cubase but still be able to make easy edits through the software.

If I connect the 4x Oriental via midi cables and record the midi tracks first, then convert to audio, I have the problem of Cubase not recognizing my keyboard and I run into a bunch of set up issues.

If I record the drum machine via audio through a 1/4in jack into the interface, I will be limited to editing it.

I do not have any arabic virtual instruments to use midi and virtual instruments, but I do have a pa500ort and 4x Oriental to use.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mlogical wrote:
I understand what you are saying, but you did not understand what I was asking.

Wrong! What you said is no rocket science! You do NOT want to record the drum/percussion loops as audio in your DAW because then you won't be able to have access to individual kits and details if you record the whole thing as a stereo track. Obviously, the best way would be to export the Style as midi, import it in your DAW and then trigger the loop using those midi tracks. Very easy to do....except I don't know if the midi export function for Oriental Styles on your keyboard are locked or not!

That's why I said what I said!

mlogical

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For God's sake Sam, that is what I'm trying to tell you as well! haha...

I was simply looking to see if anyone has exported the style's midi track to a DAW and how they went about doing so.
I have no idea if my style's are locked. I was simply going to open a midi tract, plug a midi cable into my 4x, and record a few bars of the midi as I press play on the keyboard.

Is there an easier method?
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you were talking about a very SPECIFIC type of keyboard!

In any case, this is one way of doing it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cJvxoSW2Sg

If the Style is locked indeed, that means the midi out feature is locked as well!
So it wouldn't make a difference if you go to Style Record mode, or simply trying to transfer the midi data via a midi cable....It would't work either way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: