Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Volca Beats and Beatstep Pro

View previous topic :: View next topic  
moniz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject: Volca Beats and Beatstep Pro Reply with quote

Hi,
Just got my Volca Beats and i am trying to work it with Arturia Beatstep Pro MIDI Sequencer. In Drum track of the Beatstep Pro drum sounds on Volca beats assign randomly. Out of ten Volca drum sounds only eight can be played with Beatstep pro.
If i can figure out what is the MIDI note number on the Volca Beats sounds are i can configure Beatstep Pro with its computer Editor to play all the sounds on Volca Beats.

Any one is working with these two instruments together to share the experience?
moniz
peterNicholas

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Very much seconded Reply with quote

I'm having the same issue.

Though I do have midi control commands for the Korg Volca Beats:

http://media.aadl.org/files/catalog_guides/1445131_chart.pdf

I'm having trouble mapping these midi commands onto the BeatStep Pro.

I use the Midi Control Center software and select "Pad 2" for instance and assign it the CC code of 38, which should be the snare. But when I press pad 2, no snare.

The sync button is greyed out, how do you save this setting onto the BeatStep Pro? The manual makes it seem as if it happens automatically. Any help would be appreciated.
peterNicholas

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I figured it out. In the Midi Control Center, go to Device Settings and scroll down to Drum Map. Then you can assign the drum pads to the CC numbers. Also, Agogo is 67, 75 is Claves, and 49 is Crash.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: