Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA4X version 1.2.1 vs 1.2.4 - REVISITED
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BR wrote:
I am at version 1.2.1.
I encountered today a bug when I was editing the Drum Kit (ex; kick, snare, etc...) in Style Play Mode while the style (a user style not Factory style) was running.
The keyboard made a noise like Biiiiippppppp...and has frozen. I had to turn off/on the keyboard.

I wanted to open a new topic about it but I wait and will do more test this week-end to make sure it's a bug.

This happened with one of my User Style, I will do some test with Factory styles before reporting in the Forum.
like this BR https://youtu.be/Zo6uzFfrRnw this video had a factory style running before I recorded this episode...... the trigger was touching a setting in the ensemble edit on the screen which you can just see in the video but before and after this video predominantly pressing a fill in button and then the transpose button (up) has been a common trigger with this unwanted event In my case which is a intermittent problem I can not seem to make this happen on demand but at some point it will raise its head unfortunately .......
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
BR wrote:
I am at version 1.2.1.
I encountered today a bug when I was editing the Drum Kit (ex; kick, snare, etc...) in Style Play Mode while the style (a user style not Factory style) was running.
The keyboard made a noise like Biiiiippppppp...and has frozen. I had to turn off/on the keyboard.

I wanted to open a new topic about it but I wait and will do more test this week-end to make sure it's a bug.

This happened with one of my User Style, I will do some test with Factory styles before reporting in the Forum.
like this BR https://youtu.be/Zo6uzFfrRnw this video had a factory style running before I recorded this episode...... the trigger was touching a setting in the ensemble edit on the screen which you can just see in the video but before and after this video predominantly pressing a fill in button and then the transpose button (up) has been a common trigger with this unwanted event In my case which is a intermittent problem I can not seem to make this happen on demand but at some point it will raise its head unfortunately .......

The noise/sound I got is not similar to your video.
It's like a Biiipppppp...sound that we hear when we use the telephone to call somebody before dialing.
I know it's not obvious to explain the sound until we record it and listening to it.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear ....BR my concern is these freezing issues and local ups etc which seem to be increasing in numbers now (3 today) Korg very shortly will be looking in to my situation concerning these issues once I handover all the relevant information they have requested I can only suggest if this becomes a frequent event for you them may be contact your dealer or korg directly depending on what's best for you which im sure you have figured out all ready , as the days go by and more reports start to be confirmed with these issues it would then seam to me (and the numbers in the end will confirm this should this continue with more fresh reports) that there may very well be a common underlying problem for all those having these issues which in my world would indicate there is no such thing as a coincidence and of course many are not having problems BUT if the numbers continue to grow around this issue then korg will have to respond with a solution ...otherwise I could very well be on a plane to Italy my self !
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
Oh dear ....BR my concern is these freezing issues and local ups etc which seem to be increasing in numbers now (3 today) Korg very shortly will be looking in to my situation concerning these issues once I handover all the relevant information they have requested I can only suggest if this becomes a frequent event for you them may be contact your dealer or korg directly depending on what's best for you which im sure you have figured out all ready , as the days go by and more reports start to be confirmed with these issues it would then seam to me (and the numbers in the end will confirm this should this continue with more fresh reports) that there may very well be a common underlying problem for all those having these issues which in my world would indicate there is no such thing as a coincidence and of course many are not having problems BUT if the numbers continue to grow around this issue then korg will have to respond with a solution ...otherwise I could very well be on a plane to Italy my self !

Happy for you that you can have a contact with Korg and I hope they will fix these problems for you and for any body in the same situation.
Personally I did not find any solution and I bought my Pa4x on line from another state (Not easy and practical for troubleshooting and invetigation), so I am wondering how can I follow up these issues with Korg while I gig 3 times a week with my keyboard.
So I don't have too much time for troubleshooting the Expensive Pa4X.
I paid lot of money for Pa4X for having a solid and reliable Professional Gigging keyboard for working Not for troubleshooting and doing the job of Korg Engineers. Unfortunately it is not the case.

Please keep us up to date with your investigation.

Thank you
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel for you there BR specially as you are earning a living with the PA4X very difficult for you indeed and embarrassing for korg to have to read this I'm sure .....
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds4CgZjTZLU
NEW OS
It,s A must!
this is not normal for a 3400 euros KB
JUST INAGINE, Bride is entering, And This happens, Explain it for the audience, Try to explain it,

Or Just runs for you,r life Wink

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
erwinor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the same problem yesterday....had to restart!!
That is a disaster on a live gig!!!
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is scary!!!!
I'd still like to know if this happens after a fresh OS install and ONLY factory data.
Has anyone (with the problem) actually used their PA4X in an "out-of-the-box state and still had this problem?

(Just wondering if there is a common factor in terms of loaded additional styles etc....)

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
erwinor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes this happend after a total factory reconstruction which is deeper than factory restore

Only factory data nothing loaded..
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yiannis wrote:
Yes this happend after a total factory reconstruction which is deeper than factory restore

Only factory data nothing loaded..
looks like I need a 3rd replacement PA4X then ?????.......and IF this is the correct action? it would need to be done with the understanding that korg have isolated and understand any potential problems with in there manufacturing process and not pass on any further problematic units according to batch identification numbers etc ......
erwinor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg asked for a Full Resource Backup to check it out.........

I'LL BE BACK.... Cool
mstodola

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had any problems with my Pa4x since my microSSD. I don't get lock ups or boot locks. I can't see any microSSD I put into the unit. Other than that I'm having no problems. I've changed some of the factory Styles without a problem. I've loaded other styles without a problem. I've made many changes with no problems so far.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mstodola wrote:
I haven't had any problems with my Pa4x since my microSSD. I don't get lock ups or boot locks. I can't see any microSSD I put into the unit. Other than that I'm having no problems. I've changed some of the factory Styles without a problem. I've loaded other styles without a problem. I've made many changes with no problems so far.
Good to here you would seem to be out of the long grass .
Paolo@Korg
Korg Italy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this is the case, but using an outdated version of the operating system means also dealing with bugs that may have been fixed in more recent versions.

So, before anything else, updating to the latest OS is the best way to see if the issues have already been solved.

Paolo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: