Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trouble with the headphone jack?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sutekh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:14 am    Post subject: Trouble with the headphone jack? Reply with quote

Has anyone had trouble with the headphone jack?

Tonight I couldn't get any sound out of it. Then I restarted the Kross and it was fine. Is this a commone problem?

I'm wondering if my headphones could have damaged it somehow. Recently I started using ones that are actually a headset for a phone (with a mic) so there's three stripes on the 1/4" jack instead of just two. Could this have messed things up?
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

No real idea whether the headset with mic can damage the Kross.

From electrical point of view, I would say no. Either the mic is grounded, this is ok, either your speakers are grounded through the mic, which will simply may sound bad. But apart from that I would not advice to use it anyway. Better stick to a plain headphone, without mic.
From software point of view, I would say no either. Because this is a pure analog connection.

And the fact that your headset works fine, and that a reboot solved the issue points out to be a software problem. The board crashed someway somehow.

I vaguely remember to have something encountered similarly as well. I thought then it had to do with the fact that it was still booting, while I pushed already some buttons.

Have fun.
Exume

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having trouble with my headphone jack. It hasn't completely cut out sound like yours, but I am having this problem:

Some sounds aren't being played out of it. If i select a tone, the Piano for example, it sounds out of both ears in my headphones and seems fine.

However, if I select combi/Synth Pad/13. (can't remember the name), and turn on the drumtrack, it's not playing the main beat of the drums. I can only hear the echo. If i pull the headphone jack out a little bit, I do hear the main drum beats.

The output out of the main L/R output is fine, it's just the headphones socket that seems to be affected.

Anyone else have this?
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, not here.
Seems also strange that the depth affect only the main beat of the drum...
Can you try with another headphone?

Bye
Exume

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it's odd. It happens with other headphones too :/
DeeZaal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Exume,

What type of headphones are you using?
Do they have a mic as part of the headset?
Does it have 2 or 3 lines on the headphone jack?

I had lots of issues using a variety of different headphones all of which had inline mics (which are more common nowadays)

I bought a pair of £15 Sony monitor headphones from Tesco last night and my sound issues disappeared.

I had issues where only half the sounds would play on certain voices, the volume was really low even with the master control knob on max etc.

Since getting proper monitor headphones it now sounds great (and loud!).

It's just a thought.

Cheers
Exume

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI DeeZaal,

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried some other headphones and it works fine! I should have tried that in the first place!

The ones I was using did have three lines on the jack, it doesn't have a mic but does have a volume control on the lead.

Weirdly, if I use an extension cable (that only has 2 lines on it), and use those headphones then it works fine. Seems odd to have to do that but at least there's a workaround.

Thanks for you help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: