Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg IS NOT WINDOWS COMPATIBLE.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cemego wrote:
[ This has been nothing but a passive aggressive personal insult machine s. Cool

a PAPI machine ??? Are you kidding me ?? Thats ROFL material.

Do you just make that up ? Do you have copyrights ? I could use that

Thanks !
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooked On Sonics wrote:
SanderXpander wrote:
My car always worked fine. Yesterday I hit a speedbump and now it won't start. Seems pretty obvious...

It was the Drivers Fault?

Sorry, i just could'nt stop myself

Hahaha I can't believe I didn't see that coming Very Happy
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That one made my morning too Smile
Perilous

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh hey. Big news!

I happen to have a MicroKey37, first edition
and a Windows 10 computer.

I installed the driver and Kontrol editor software from Korg's site,
plugged in my MicroKey and it works! It even remembered my previous settings. (I switched the MIDI channel to 5)

In fact, it works better than when I tried this on my Windows 7 computer. That's when I had to do the registry edit. So anyways. Pretty cool! Happy that it works (though the MicroKey lacks the longevity compared to my other keyboards, and will likely expire the soonest).
slug

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread confirms my experiences that most IT "professionals" have no idea how to troubleshoot and fix problems, they just want to replace it....because dead.
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Hi cemego.
Chances are the amount of Windows users on this forum greatly outnumber OSX users, given that Apple only has a 3% market share of desktop operating systems, and Microsoft has over 90%.

The silence is not because everyone runs OSX here, it's because nobody else has this issue your having with KORG drivers.

Maybe you should reset your PC.

Regards
Sharp.

I think your stats are a bit out of date Sharp. OSX is nearing 10% desktop usage - while Windows 10 is currently at around 15% usage (accepted Windows, across all versions. is still overwhelmingly the desk top choice). But the era of the OS is essentially over anyway - as in - the OS is currently not driving the future of computing.

And indeed - in particular fields, OSX reigns. For example, in Astrophysics OSX and Linux are the OS's of choice. Windows doesn't feature at all!

Similarly - in media work and music in particular, it's likely that OSX is the dominant operating system; surely with far higher than 50% of music desktops / laptops being Mac based?

Kevin.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends. Those EDM guys on FruityLoops are all on Windows, and many who use Ableton are too.

But then, you wouldn't call that music anyway, I guess Smile
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

> Those EDM guys on FruityLoops are all on Windows

I just went through a session where I tried to ask questions about FL Studio.... the answers were "interesting".
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha... What did you want to know?
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Nolan wrote:
Similarly - in media work and music in particular, it's likely that OSX is the dominant operating system; surely with far higher than 50% of music desktops / laptops being Mac based?

Not quite... Perhaps in USA. Over here in Europe, I'm seeing PCs with Cubase way more than OSX running Logic or Cubase...
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I upgrade my computers, I will be banishing WINTEL from my house. Windoze 10 is the final straw for me and the "Microsoft knows best" attitude on things like updates (where and when) and Cortana (can't easily remove it and it will not use your preferred browser). And why take the graphics back to a crappy, blocky CGA look (apart from it saves hiring graphics designers! Wink ). And every update seems to revert my settings back to what Microsoft wants, not what I want.

I've purchased some WIN10 Pro licenses to give me more control back (need time to install them) - but I read that Microsfot will be doing away with the Pro licenses in future product plans and you will be stuck with home (limited ability to configure) or Enterprise (very expensive and not available to mere mortals) - not sure how true that is, but I read it in a few places.

So OS X it will be.....

I've ran a MAC as my main computer for five years now, and it is mostly a joy to use. I cannot say that for my music PC and music laptop!

No computer is perfect and OS X also has its flaws and things I don't like about it, but I rate it much better than Windows in terms of ease of use, joy of use and stability.

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

W10 Pro perfectly stable over here, no issues whatsoever. I like the simple look of the interface compared to overly graphic Aero from W7. All the "spying" things are easily disabled using Spybot Anti-Beacon (although Cortana is really great on my W10 phone, so useful).

Not sure about removal of W10 Pro, I can't seem to find any information on it, so I'd say it wasn't a verified source.

Derek Cook wrote:
the "Microsoft knows best" attitude

As if Apple isn't EXACTLY THE SAME THING at a much higher price tag. Here, we'll burn RAM onto our motherboards so you can't even upgrade it easily. Here, we'll make our computer into a trashcan into which you can't even add more hard drives without buying additional expensive external enclosures. And charge you an arm and a leg in the process. Here, our new OS update is out that breaks tons of stuff and, BTW, you can't run your old programs anymore because yaddayadda. LOL. Windows at least have compatibility layers and it's not a problem to run 20 years old programs on it. This is something I really really appreciate (Trinitro, AN1xEdit, anyone?).

Last edited by EvilDragon on Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilDragon wrote:
W10 Pro perfectly stable over here, no issues whatsoever. I like the simple look of the interface compared to overly graphic Aero from W7. All the "spying" things are easily disabled using Spybot Anti-Beacon (although Cortana is really great on my W10 phone, so useful).

Not sure about removal of W10 Pro, I can't seem to find any information on it, so I'd say it wasn't a verified source.

The only issue i have with windows, is that mainstage does not run on it, mainstage 3.3 is out now, and the €30 program now is king of modulation.. and cpu consumtion has dropped a little, espescially for Alchem..
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilDragon wrote:
Kevin Nolan wrote:

Not quite... Perhaps in USA. Over here in Europe, I'm seeing PCs with Cubase way more than OSX running Logic or Cubase...

I'm not sure we can even talk about "Europe" or "USA", in Holland definitely OSX is the pro platform of choice, and I'm pretty sure in Germany too.

FWIW I agree completely with EvilDragon. Apple is much worse with its "Apple knows best attitude". Windows 10 will run most applications that ran on Windows XP and most hardware that ran on Windows 7. I get constant warnings from Native Instruments and other manufacturers to wait with upgrading OSX even when it is a minor OS update.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a reason why the entire world runs on Windows and Apple only has a 3% share in the desktop market.

The End. Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: