Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M3 - No sound coming from Keyboard or Joystick SW1 or SW2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cabasner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: M3 - No sound coming from Keyboard or Joystick SW1 or SW2 Reply with quote

All,

I leant my mint condition M3 Expanded 88 -with EXB memory and EXB Radias boards to a friend for a few gigs. Subsequently, there is no sound coming from the keyboard, and the Joystick lights, and the SW1 and SW2 switch lights do not come on under any circumstances. However, any Drum Tracks that are in a Combi or Program DO sound. The gentleman who borrowed the keyboard had no problem, until, apparently, the cable connecting the M3 module to the keyboard/Joystick/SW1/SW2 part of the M3 had become disconnected, and he reconnected the cable WHILE THE POWER WAS ON to the M3. He told me that he then was unable to get any sounds from the keys in any way subsequent to that reconnection under power. I tried troubleshooting the unit today, but was unsuccessful. The cable was rung out, and all the pins appear be perfect, and the cable transmits signals. As I wrote earlier, I was able to get sound out of the M3 module from the Drum Tracks, by depressing the Drum Track key, and any Combi or Program that I recalled have a drum track would play.

So, what appears to be wrong is that the connection between the Module and Keybed and switches and joystick do not appear to be making up. So, I assume since the cable is good, either some mechanical problem inside the housing exists, or, some electronic problem, resulting from connecting the cable with the module powered up is causing the problem. I tried the 'reset' method suggested on page 201 of the manual, with no success. Is there something that any of you would suggest that we try before I call Korg? If I've not described things adequately, please let me know. Note, I owned the M3 since it was new, but never really learned a lot about it, so if I'm using incorrect terminology, please forgive me.

P.S. Another piece of data to aid the troubleshooting. The gentleman had successfully played an electric bass as in input to the M3 Module before the problem occurred, and the same instrument input subsequent to the problem would also not result in any sound.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: