Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Kronos 2 Touch Screen not working?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bladerunner2125 wrote:
GregC

Yes having some form of internal diagnostic test would have been less of a lottery, Iv'e repaired several MS2000 synths with the MPU to DSP error and even they have a simple self test function by holding the Mod Key and Patch Key 3 together then turn the synth on, you would have thought the Top workstation Korg make, might also have a diagnostic function?

The seller did seem very genuine I asked him about had if it had ever been dropped and he said no, and looking over the keyboard again today it looked immaculate no damage or scratches it doesn't look used at all, the LCD works fine its just the Touch screen mounted on top of it does not respond in any way at all.

I now have the keyboard and the original receipt, comes with the Manual and the 3 x DVDs.

The seller said he called the retailer about the problem but they were not very helpful?

Its just over 12 months old according to the receipt and its never been registered online.

Since I have the restore DVDs I am wondering if trying a full SSD format and restore might work?

thats excellent you got the docs and facts.

No telling what will work.

Bit I see no harm using the Korg DVDs for re-install. I am not one to tell you to wing it and wipe the SSD. You should follow whatever Korg Kronos procedure is for a re-install.

Its no surprise the dealer is non responsive. Sales people are not always inclined to provide useful service after 12 months have passed. Get to the owner and if he is still sleepy, call the nearest Korg service center.

The Korg web site has service centers by country. Check that out
Bladerunner2125

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:10 am    Post subject: Found the Problem Reply with quote

I decided to give the K2 a bit of a clean and polish I placed it under a bright halogen light to clean it properly that's when I noticed this tiny shiny thing stuck in the lower right hand corner of the screen https://flic.kr/p/TtGyjb

I had to press down onto the screen corner slightly to release it here is a close up https://flic.kr/p/Sr65QW

Having been in the boot of my car for 20+ miles and then man handled up two flights of stairs it must have become dislodged enough to allow the screen to function again it must have been acting like a finger press so freezing out any further presses.

So when the seller said that it was only after he had cleaned the screen that the problem arose he was right it must have been on the cloth he used and he unknowingly forced the tiny object between the screen and the surround, that's my theory anyway. Laughing
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:29 am    Post subject: Re: Found the Problem Reply with quote

Bladerunner2125 wrote:
I decided to give the K2 a bit of a clean and polish I placed it under a bright halogen light to clean it properly that's when I noticed this tiny shiny thing stuck in the lower right hand corner of the screen https://flic.kr/p/TtGyjb

I had to press down onto the screen corner slightly to release it here is a close up https://flic.kr/p/Sr65QW

Having been in the boot of my car for 20+ miles and then man handled up two flights of stairs it must have become dislodged enough to allow the screen to function again it must have been acting like a finger press so freezing out any further presses.

So when the seller said that it was only after he had cleaned the screen that the problem arose he was right it must have been on the cloth he used and he unknowingly forced the tiny object between the screen and the surround, that's my theory anyway. Laughing

If no one else says it, i will. Thanks, because you brought a peculiar problem up, an eventual description of the culprit ,and the solution.
Such a problem that could easily happen to anyone and now we know what to consider in cases like yours, thanks to you.
Very Happy
Bladerunner2125

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

19naia

I am so pleased that I found the solution so quickly and hopefully this thread will come in useful to someone else, if its happened once then it could happen again.
JG1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been having the same issue. Having read through the thread, I took a piece of paper and slid it into the gap around the screen and moved it around on all 4 sides. Seems to have sorted it out! Unbelievable!!! Was seriously thinking about replacing the whole keyboard! Thanks for your posts!

BTW I also bought my Kronos used, had been fine until recently. I replaced the key contacts about 3 months ago, so wondering if a small piece of grit/dirt got dislodged and managed to find its way into the screen area while the keyboard was upside down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: