Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rack Me

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PatrickD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:41 am    Post subject: Rack Me Reply with quote

I want a K Rack.
I don't want to keep hauling an 88 all over the place. Come on KORG Ill pay for it if you'll make it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
CUBASE 11.5 Halion 6
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:56 am    Post subject: Re: Rack Me Reply with quote

PatrickD wrote:
I want a K Rack.
I don't want to keep hauling an 88 all over the place. Come on KORG Ill pay for it if you'll make it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

you are a dreamer.

You could write a check for about $2 million. That might cover it.

Some interesting person suggested this idea, to hack saw off the keyboard on a 61.

or you could lift weights and practice yoga. That would be my choice.

Or you could hire a Kronos caddy to haul your stuff around.
Why not ?
jorgemncardoso

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Rack Me Reply with quote

PatrickD wrote:
I want a K Rack.

Well... so don't haul an 88, buy a 61 instead and haul that... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Yamaha: Motif XS8
Roland: expanded JV-1010 modules (3X)
...And a bucket load of Softsynths, plug-ins, and DAW's Smile
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Rack Me Reply with quote

jorgemncardoso wrote:
PatrickD wrote:
I want a K Rack.

Well... so don't haul an 88, buy a 61 instead and haul that... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

A K61 and Casio PX-5S are a great combination!
Moonglow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will join with PatrickD in his request for a Kronos rack. Roland has the Integra 7, which seems to be selling reasonably well.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moonglow wrote:
I will join with PatrickD in his request for a Kronos rack. Roland has the Integra 7, which seems to be selling reasonably well.

I don't know if that will be enough for Korg to build a Kronos rack.

I suspect money, and cost, and potential sales, and other factors, has something to do with the reason Korg has not built a Kronos rack for over 5 years.
PatrickD

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Greg
Its cause your secretly a Korg employee in the R&D section and you are trying to kill my idea before it gets a huge support fan base from all the Yamaha guys who feel the same way I do.
Your such a schmuck. Dreamer??? We will see. LOL! Very Happy
CUBASE 11.5 Halion 6
pedro5
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy the dream everyone....Smile

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=578831&sid=289f4e3d451f7298ceab7b827c71a638
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatrickD wrote:
No Greg
Its cause your secretly a Korg employee in the R&D section and you are trying to kill my idea before it gets a huge support fan base from all the Yamaha guys who feel the same way I do.
Your such a schmuck. Dreamer??? We will see. LOL! Very Happy

I am so busted. I secretly work for the president of Korg.

If the co builds a rack for the same 50 customers, that bought the Triton rack, they will lose a few million $$ in development. and there goes the executive bonus.

We can't have that. Thus I encourage you to purchase this amazing back saving device
https://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/H-1786/Hand-Trucks/Loop-Handle-Steel-Hand-Truck-with-Rubber-Wheels?pricode=WY629&gadtype=pla&id=H-1786&gclid=CjwKEAjw_bHHBRD4qbKukMiVgU0SJADr08ZZ1g8O8j-5d-FEhQ3AWC6Wuy7gqW8BpJyu6RyfCiFr-RoC9KLw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Keep in mind, I use to haul around a B3 and a Fender Rhodes suitcase. That was when keyboard players were real men and laptops weighed 40 pounds.

So , whining about moving a Kronos ? Pfffffttt. Thats childs play
Smile
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heavy keyboards are good. If somebody tried to make off with my Yamaha EX5, I would catch up with them very quickly..... Wink

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see a Kronos Rack,however it would need to have a touchscreen as well if its going to be used standalone,something along the lines of say the V synth XT size module/Screen to be useful in the same sense as the Keyboard,otherwise its just going to be a frustrating experience and only going to be used as a secondary sound source and nothing more.

I think Racks are good but they need to be implemented correctly in order to be useful in the same capacity as a Keyboard version.

I have a Triton Rack,but its used as Sound backup/doubler and nothing else,I never used any other function on it other than as a sound expansion Library for my ExtremeKeyboard for layering sounds with it,when your used to using a large touchscreen especially like the Kronos size with such ease of use,trying to do vast amounts of editing on a LCD a 1/3 of the size is bloody frustrating to say the least,anything I needed to edit I mostly used the Extreme to do it and then dumped the sounds over to the rack because it was easier,the lack of proper editor didn't really help though for the Rack

I think it's highly unlikely we will ever see a Kronos Rack,I guess that the Keyboard version is (or has been)a huge seller for Korg,its mostly performance players using them not desktop/computer based musicians,just after the sounds.

The module is going to attract a different type of user and I guess that would be a financial risk for Korg,I don't think they have made a rack mount module of any workstation Since the Triton days,and I would say theres a reason why.

We've seen a lot of different versions of Kronos since its release I would have thought if a rack had been on the cards it would have surfaced by now,with so many great software options(and far cheaper) for sounds out there Hardware Rompler Modules are a dying breed,The Kronos is a huge performance instrument so translating it to a module to aim at the same type of audience is going to be a massive compromise on functionality in order to make it financially attractive
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kontrol49 wrote:
I'd like to see a Kronos Rack,however it would need to have a touchscreen as well if its going to be used standalone,something along the lines of say the V synth XT size module/Screen to be useful in the same sense as the Keyboard,otherwise its just going to be a frustrating experience and only going to be used as a secondary sound source and nothing more.

I think Racks are good but they need to be implemented correctly in order to be useful in the same capacity as a Keyboard version.

I have a Triton Rack,but its used as Sound backup/doubler and nothing else,I never used any other function on it other than as a sound expansion Library for my ExtremeKeyboard for layering sounds with it,when your used to using a large touchscreen especially like the Kronos size with such ease of use,trying to do vast amounts of editing on a LCD a 1/3 of the size is bloody frustrating to say the least,anything I needed to edit I mostly used the Extreme to do it and then dumped the sounds over to the rack because it was easier,the lack of proper editor didn't really help though for the Rack

I think it's highly unlikely we will ever see a Kronos Rack,I guess that the Keyboard version is (or has been)a huge seller for Korg,its mostly performance players using them not desktop/computer based musicians,just after the sounds.

The module is going to attract a different type of user and I guess that would be a financial risk for Korg,I don't think they have made a rack mount module of any workstation Since the Triton days,and I would say theres a reason why.

We've seen a lot of different versions of Kronos since its release I would have thought if a rack had been on the cards it would have surfaced by now,with so many great software options(and far cheaper) for sounds out there Hardware Rompler Modules are a dying breed,The Kronos is a huge performance instrument so translating it to a module to aim at the same type of audience is going to be a massive compromise on functionality in order to make it financially attractive

thats well thought out and I have made similar points over +5 yrs. A proper Kronos rack would be prohibitively expensive to make and to sell. I bet the MSRP would be at least $1899. Folks dreaming about a rack would choke at that high price.

If the 73/88 is 25 pounds to heavy, a K2 61 is an excellent and attractive 2nd keyboard. I would not hesitate to get one if I could snag a deal. The Kronos is so good, I could justify having an 88 and a 61 ( and I don't gig).

For folks that gig, a 61 seems ideal for easier transport and tight space gigs. Many Kronos owners have 2 Kronos'. when I mentioned this as ideal some 5 yrs ago, I took a lot of criticism. I understand keyboardists that gig don't make much money. we all have choices.
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A rack version of the Kronos would be tricky to implement and still have it be a Kronos experience for all users. I have a Kronos 73 which has broken keys on the treble side from a car accident. I seriously considered having it cut down to a module. After looking at what that meant in terms of configuration and then mounting it for performance use, I decided it was just easier to get a K61.

It's too bad the Korg abandoned that modular design of the M3. And yet, as much as I admired the design of the M3, my M3-73 was the worst built keyboard I've ever owned.

What I would really prefer would be a Kronos 88 built in a body similar to the Casiio PX-5S. Give us a lightweight plastic body, with the joystick above the keyboard so as not to add extra length to the instrument. Get the weight under 30 lbs and now we're talking.

The new K88 LS is a step in the right direction, but it's still too heavy and too long. Plus, it appears that the keyboard action has been compromised while the PX-5S still retains an excellent keyboard action.
fcoulter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking at my Kronos, and looking at the screen and buttons and knobs. I'm now trying to figure out how to get the things into a 19" rack panel.

My imagination isn't up to the job.

A rack mounted Kronos would have to be controlled by either another Kronos OR software running on a computer or tablet. Personally, I'd like a rack mounted Kronos that worked transparently with a Kronos, doubling the polyphony. The front panel would only need a power button. But I doubt there's that much of a market. Pity.

Korg: Kronos2 88
Other: Tyros 5 76, DGX-650, YPT-320, Fretted Clavichord, Upright Piano, DX-7, SY-99, eMu MPS (last three in attic)

RCM Certificates: Advanced Rudiments
K is for Kronos

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Rack Me Reply with quote

danmusician wrote:
jorgemncardoso wrote:
PatrickD wrote:
I want a K Rack.

A K61 and Casio PX-5S are a great combination!

+1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: