Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adding to the Legend of folks Impressed with Windows ;)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Adding to the Legend of folks Impressed with Windows ;) Reply with quote

Bill Gates met God, and God said, "Well, Bill, I'm really confused on this one. I'm not sure whether to send you to Heaven or to Hell. After all, you enormously helped society by putting a computer in almost every home in the world, and yet you created that ghastly Windows. I'm going to do something I've never done before. I'm going to let you decide where you want to go."

Bill Gates said, "What's the difference between the two?"

God said, "It might help you decide if you took a peek at both places. Shall we look at Hell first?"

Bill was amazed. He saw a clean, white sandy beach with clear waters. There were thousands of beautiful men and women running around, playing in the water, laughing and frolicking about. The sun was shining and the temperature was perfect. "This is great!" said Bill. "If this is Hell, I can't wait to see Heaven."

God said, "Let's go!" and off they went to Heaven.

Bill saw puffy white clouds in a beautiful blue sky, with angels drifting about playing harps and singing. It was nice, but surely not as enticing as Hell. Bill thought for only a brief moment and rendered his decision. "God, I do believe I would prefer to go to Hell."

"As you wish," said God.

Two weeks later, God decided to check up on the late billionaire to see how things were going. He found Bill shackled to a wall, screaming amidst the hot flames in a dark cave. He was being tortured by demons with pitchforks. "How ya doin', Bill?" asked God.

Bill responded with anguish and despair, "This is awful! This is not what I expected at all! What happened to the beach and the beautiful women playing in the water?"

"Oh, that," said God. "That was the screen saver."
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it. He deserves the demons and pitch forks (at least for Windoze) . Wink

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not so sure about that. Smile
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilDragon wrote:
I'm not so sure about that. Smile

awww.

I thought you had a sense of humor Wink
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on. Ripped it off from Apple anyway - and didn't do it as well. Smile

Joe Gerardi
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:

Bullshit. They BOTH ripped it off from Xerox, so neither had any moral high ground.

..Joe
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Gerardi wrote:
StephenKay wrote:

Bullshit. They BOTH ripped it off from Xerox, so neither had any moral high ground.

..Joe

Speaking of calling more BS.

HP introduced the 1st touch screen device in 1983. The HP 150

I was there, young whippersnappers, and I had one Wink
fcoulter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
Joe Gerardi wrote:
StephenKay wrote:

..Joe

I'm pretty sure they were talking about a windows interface, not a touch screen. (Has Apple even implanted a touch screen on their computers, not their tablets and phones?)

Korg: Kronos2 88
Other: Tyros 5 76, DGX-650, YPT-320, Fretted Clavichord, Upright Piano, DX-7, SY-99, eMu MPS (last three in attic)

RCM Certificates: Advanced Rudiments
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fcoulter wrote:
GregC wrote:
Joe Gerardi wrote:
StephenKay wrote:

..Joe

I'm pretty sure they were talking about a windows interface, not a touch screen. (Has Apple even implanted a touch screen on their computers, not their tablets and phones?)

I don't consider Windows to be greatly innovative (ducking)

And you may have noticed this on the Internet.

The context on a humor topic will change or take a twist.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Gerardi wrote:
StephenKay wrote:

..Joe

Actually Xerox gave it to Steve.. who improved it hugely and created lisa and Mac.. with Steve everything was about perfectionisme... creating the best product possible.. Steve was a creator.

With Bill however, everything was about big green dollars... and making as much of them as possible.. everything was about selling.. Bill has allways made his decisions based on dollars.. Bill is a salesman.

Altough, Bill has allways been good for the people creating things.. look at how rich his closest compatriots are? While Steve as a perfectionist often was a nightmare for those close to him..

Funny thing, both these succesfull men are almost eachothers opposites... so maybe we are blessed they never started a buiseness together...
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve was amazing, Bill Gates was greedy, Apple is much better than Windoze. Got it, very informative, thanks. Would someone care to help Greg out in the Kronos forum now? His MacBook likely has a USB firmware issue.
skinmechanic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Gates is greedy? Don;t you see any of the overpriced hardware Apple push? the technology is not any different to any other platform they all use the same Intel processors, Apple also use the same Wireless and USB controller cards that Asus and Abit use on their stock motherboards.

OSX will never be touch screen as it's based on Unix infact you can still get to the terminal window on OSX and type all the commands you can on most Unix and Linux Distros. Apple stopped been a trend setter 8 years ago not long after the 2nd iPad release when it was perfected.

I'm not one or the other, Windows does a lot that OSX will never do and I use a Windows based PC for a lot of stuff. Then again I use Logic for my music which is mac only, but there reslly isn't much software based that is Mac only these days. The likes of Adobe a working close with Microsoft and Adobe is actually better on Windows 10 than it is on a Mac so there are plus points for both. I do sometimes by the way use Linux on a very old laptop because it just works well.
Joe Gerardi
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny how everyone jumps on the hate Windows bandwagon without any knowledge, and just to be the Apple fanboy...

Greed? An iPhone costs about 200 bucks to make. Factor in another hundred for marketing. Now add in the 135% markup to SEVEN HUNDRED Dollars, and you get the 700.00 price of an iPhone.

Riiiight... no greed there.

The then Apple sycophants wait in line for days to get the newest one every year.

And we all know how much Apple cares about its customers - especially professional photographers - as evinced by the complete lack or an upgrade path on the Mac Pro. Then they publicly apologize and state that they'll fix it (they promise) and it will only be TWO YEARS before they fix that problem.

Yeah, Apple's REAL customer oriented and perfectionists. I wish I could state what exactly Apple customers compare to right now in the US, but I won't go political on the site.

And just to set the record straight: Xerox gave it to BOTH Apple and MS. They publicly stated that in court when Apple sued MS for interface infringement.

All that said, ain't nothing gonna compare to any X Windows distro.

..Joe
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Gerardi wrote:
Funny how everyone jumps on the hate Windows bandwagon without any knowledge, and just to be the Apple fanboy...

Greed? An iPhone costs about 200 bucks to make. Factor in another hundred for marketing. Now add in the 135% markup to SEVEN HUNDRED Dollars, and you get the 700.00 price of an iPhone.

Riiiight... no greed there.

The then Apple sycophants wait in line for days to get the newest one every year.

And we all know how much Apple cares about its customers - especially professional photographers - as evinced by the complete lack or an upgrade path on the Mac Pro. Then they publicly apologize and state that they'll fix it (they promise) and it will only be TWO YEARS before they fix that problem.

Yeah, Apple's REAL customer oriented and perfectionists. I wish I could state what exactly Apple customers compare to right now in the US, but I won't go political on the site.

And just to set the record straight: Xerox gave it to BOTH Apple and MS. They publicly stated that in court when Apple sued MS for interface infringement.

All that said, ain't nothing gonna compare to any X Windows distro.

..Joe

Yep Linux is great....

Untill you want to run your favourite software on it.... to find out the professional package you need is not available on Linux..

If you are going to run linux, you need to be prepared to accept that it comes with different software then you are used on windows and mac.... most software is just as functional... tough much less refined where it comes to interface and extra options..
skinmechanic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OSX is a mess based on old clode now and unless they do what they did when they moved away from RiscOS and start again on a desktop based OS, it won't progress. It was quite obvious and still is Tim Cooke doesn't want OSX or MacOS as its called now. He was pinning all his hopes on iOS you only have to know no new hardware for years and even with they did update their macbook pro lines last year it wasn't innovative already based on 1 year old chipset. They've tried to compensate you won;t get touch technology by an half hearted attempt at the touchpad. they brought out the Giant iPad (Sorry I mean iPad Pro) as a desktop or laptop replacement but iOS isn't that OS so i'm not sure where they go from here. I know a hell of a lot of people in multimedia who have moved over to Windows 10 and already looking at what the Surface studio will do as I'm sure other vendors will bring out their own cheaper versions. This is where a slimline 28" all in one works, when you can move it down as a touchscreen.

Linux has come a long way what's available now on Steam is pretty good, Bitwig is also good on Linux, it only needs the driver support for audio devices
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: