Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Already Own Korg Kronos Original/Should I Also Buy an 88 X?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
taki

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Already Own Korg Kronos Original/Should I Also Buy an 88 X? Reply with quote

I need some help here....

I currently own a Kronos that till now only use in the studio to record. I have a PA4X 73key and a M3 61Key that I use to play out live...

I know the current Kronos I have is limited in RAM to include some of the nice 'bought' pianos and including some sample sounds I use to play Greek music.

Also, I am limited to only 61 keys which bothers me every know and then when I do want to play piano or electric piano tunes...

Would anyone recommend for me to get another 88 Kronos X with the more RAM and hard drive 88Key to have 2 Kronoses together, or just stick with the one I currently have since I have a PA4X 73 key?

Any advice/comments would be greatly appreciated, since it will be a +2K purchase.

Thanks,

Taki
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Already Own Korg Kronos Original/Should I Also Buy an 88 Reply with quote

taki wrote:
I need some help here....

I currently own a Kronos that till now only use in the studio to record. I have a PA4X 73key and a M3 61Key that I use to play out live...

I know the current Kronos I have is limited in RAM to include some of the nice 'bought' pianos and including some sample sounds I use to play Greek music.

Also, I am limited to only 61 keys which bothers me every know and then when I do want to play piano or electric piano tunes...

Would anyone recommend for me to get another 88 Kronos X with the more RAM and hard drive 88Key to have 2 Kronoses together, or just stick with the one I currently have since I have a PA4X 73 key?

Any advice/comments would be greatly appreciated, since it will be a +2K purchase.

Thanks,

Taki

I am unclear why you are focusing on the X. Are you close to a deal on a Kronos X 88 keys ?

and where does not having an 88 bother you ? At home, studio, gigs ?
taki

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I do get another Keyboard of any kind, it will always be at least a 73 key.. But as for the Kronos X.. I thought this has the most me and hard drive unless the Kronos II is better>.. Or should I just hold out fo the Kronos III?
taki

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh.. I will be using both new Kronoses on gigs and they will be out of the studio...

I do a one man job with the PA4X and M3, and when i play with a full band, i would take the two Kronoses... I guess that is my thinking...
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taki wrote:
If I do get another Keyboard of any kind, it will always be at least a 73 key.. But as for the Kronos X.. I thought this has the most me and hard drive unless the Kronos II is better>.. Or should I just hold out fo the Kronos III?

The K2 is slightly improved over the X. For my money, I would purchase the K2, the most current model.

I think you should gather the facts on the differences, then make your choice.

No, I don't recommend holding out for something that may not exist.
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not difficult to add memory and a second hard drive. Are you sure you don't just want to do that? It would be a pretty cost-effective alternative.
JPROBERTLA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using two Kronos would significantly improve polyphony and for me thats a big issue. I had a K61 and a K2-88 for a while and polyphony was solved. Waiting and hoping the K3 (if thats whats next) addresses the polyphony problem, then I won't have to carry 2 keyboards around, which I only have to do now because of polyphony limitations. Don't like the hd recording options because of tempo restrictions. Also having 32 sequencer tracks is a big plus.
Kronos2-88, Behringer XR18, Turbosound IP2000 (x2), dbx DriveRack 260, KRK Rokit 8s, Mackie CFX16, Mackie SRM450(x2), Mackie SRS1500 (x2), BBE processors (x4), Roland VSR 880 (x2), Alto TS210, Alto TX10 (x3) and SoundForge
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: