Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg pa900 vs pa3x LE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnmak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:35 am    Post subject: Korg pa900 vs pa3x LE Reply with quote

Dear Forumers,
I have an opportunity to buy a new Korg pa3X for a very good price.

Can any forumers who have tried the key "feel" on both these arrangers comment on wether they are different from each other.
I've tried the pa900 and thought it was fine. (I also tried the pa4x and thought that was even better - but so expensive)

The pa3x is in another town so I am very keen to get feedback on the key bed I drive a whole day to see it.

As best I can see on the forums are that the pa3x is really just a pa900 with 76 keys.

Many thanks and kind regards,
JohnMak
Eduardo_Arg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Johnmak

I bought a PA3Xle some months ago, and without any doubt, go for it, although you must travel some time.-
PA3Xle is much more than only 76 keys.-
First it has a very good keybed very similar to fatar, so you'll play piano very sensitive and expresive.-
All buttons are plastic on PA3x instead of silicon ones you'll get on PA900.-
Alluminium cabinet and wood finished on sides on PA3xLe vs hard plastic on PA900.- Better distribution of buttons.- Three user defined buttons over joystick.-
Pa900 and PA3xle shares the same sound engine.-
PA3xle don't have speakers inside, but are then neccesary taking in count they are poor sounding ??.-
PA3xle is a little more heavy than PA900, but not significantly.-
I've several keyboards, between them Kronos 2 88 notes, and i sure you PA3xle it's a good invest.
Test it and you'll agree with me.-
Hoping this helps you, with regards.
Eduardo
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnmak, a little biased here. I own the PA3xle. The keybed I do prefer as well as the design and 76 keys themselves. If you are a piano player foremost, I would suggest that you consider it. Your call really. Cool

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
Johnmak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eduardo,
Many thanks for your comments. They are reassuring and also reinforce the same response I had from another forumer on the weekend.

SO I am delighted and have notified the dealer I will be down on the weekend to collect the pa3x LE. A bit of a nuisance that I will need to buy separate speakers but the other benefits of the 3x LE outweigh that minor inconvenience for preferences.

Exciting days aead Eduardo.

Again, means thanks for sharing your knowledge with me. It is appreciated.

Johnmak
Johnmak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nitecrawler,
Many thanks for your comments. As you will see my decision is made and Im going with he pa3x LE.

Kind regards,
John
Eduardo_Arg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Johnmak:

If you are planning buying some speaker, i suggest you what i bought: FBT Xlite 10 (pair) plus a sub JBL 18'' (active).-
FBT Xlite is a two way active speaker (low 10', mid/high 2' titanium) biamplificated for a total 400 w RMS (127 db).- As i have a need good low response and Xlite have a 10", i add 2 subs JBL 18 also active.- This is enough for gigs up to 500 persons (inside or outside).- For home use, surely you don't need such sub, because xlite have 5 present, one of them to encrease low frequencys.-
It's an invest.- I don't know where you live, but if you are US citizen, you'll find fabulous prices.- In my country FBT Xlite 10 costs U$S 665 each one, meanwhile in USA they are nearly U$S 450.-
Just a final mention.- Although FBT said the power is 1000 watts each, this is a peak meter, real output power is 400 RMS.- We use them (2 Xlite + 2 subs Jbl) for gigs on my band (guitar, bass, drum, keyboard, a 2 singers), and works perfectly.-
Hoping this helps you.- With regards.
Eduardo
Johnmak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eduardo,
Yes I will be looking at speakers but I will get a compact powered system as I play only at home.
I'm living in Vietnam Eduardo. It can be a bit harder to find stuff here but it is here if you know where to look ....... also often cheaper than USA.
Many thanks for your interest Eduardo.
Kind regards
Johnmak
Eduardo_Arg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Johnmak

A final suggestion: if it's posibble to you to get a good sounding for your PA3Xle, invest you money in the right way.- This is similar to buy a car, a cheap car (quality construction, power, equipment, etc.) allways will be "cheap" and when you want to go up, you must invest more money.-
With sounding happens the same. No mather if you use only at home, PA3xle sounds better with a better sound system.- Discard pc sound systems, they sound well with your PC, but not with keyboards such as PA or anyone else.-
Some years ago i test a Korg M3 with my pc sound system Jazz 300 with sub, and although nearly sounds very well, it can't compare with serious and professional systems.-
Till December 16, i have Bose L2 system, a really very good system, portable, light weight, and crystal clear sound.- But when i test FBT without any doubt i sold it and bought FBT.- If you don't have enough money, at first you can buy 1 unit; as it has an stereo input you could get all efects (not a really stereo because it sums both chanels).- Later you can get another unit, and to much later a sub.- This is a good invest for your new keyboard or any other you can have.-
Enjoy your keyboard, korg products are the best of the best.-
With regards.
Eduardo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: