Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does anyone know of a manual for programming the Trinity?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
miamibeachdoc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject: Does anyone know of a manual for programming the Trinity? Reply with quote

I'm looking to tweak some native sounds on my Trinity.

Does anyone know of a book, guide or manual (or video) that will help me get into the sound banks so I can start making some changes?

Thanks
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The User Manual, Voice Name List, Parameter Guide, Effects Guide, and other stuff can be found at:

http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/1/213/

Allow the page to load fully to see all of the available documents. It can take a while (10s of seconds) to load completely.

Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the sticky for all Trinity manuals: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=45892
miamibeachdoc

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Does anyone know of a manual for programming the Trinity? Reply with quote

Timo (and anyone that wants to chime in),

What about that sweeping sound you hear on the organ solo in the beginning of The Who's "Won't Get Fooled Again"???

How would I go about doing that? Sounds like a phaser, or a moderately slowly changing envelope. But, like I said, I'm a total newbie when it comes to this so I'm just guessing.

It was much easier when I first started and had all those knobs on my moog!!

Thanks
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several youtube videos detailing aspects of the sound you're after, though none specifically use the Trinity. There's even a video by Pete Townsend himself, describing how he came about the sound. There's probably more than one way to skin the proverbial cat, but some sort of gating or sample and hold, or arpeggiation, could be used to pulse the sound, on top of which there's a VCO-controlled filter/phaser thing going on.

A lot can be learned by experimentation/trial and error.

miamibeachdoc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Does anyone know of a manual for programming the Trinity? Reply with quote

I've searched and searched for a video to help me but they all seem to be for the Triton.

I actually found an Organ sound on my Kurzweil PC2x that works with a little wheel modulation. But I'd love to add some slow envelop wah to the sound on my Trinity.

Does anyone know of any videos out there specifically on the Trinity

Or, would someone post one??? IF any of you more experienced Trinity users could to a little video tutorial of how to get into a sound bank and search around for various parameters, I'll be they'd be helping out more than just me....

Very Happy Very Happy
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Trinity was released in 1995 and the youtube domain name wasn't registered until 2005, so the Trinity has not had the benefits of the video exposure that more recently released keyboards have received.

Of the various user manuals, the Basic Guide for the Trinity is probably best suited for getting to grips with editing and creating sounds. The Basic Guide is organised into so-called Steps. The Step 3 part of the Basic Guide goes through the sequence of events and button presses needed to edit sounds, and also deals with how Programs and Combis are organised in terms of signal paths and effects placement. If you persevere with the Basic Guide, things will begin to fall into place. There will be those Eureka moments. Persistence will pay off and your understanding will develop and enrich the Trinity experience. It will also help with getting to grips with other Korg keyboards, since there are many similarities in the way things are organised on, say, the Krog Kronos, or the Triton, M3, M50, Krome.....

miamibeachdoc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Does anyone know of a manual for programming the Trinity? Reply with quote

Thank you all for your help and direction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: