Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KRONOS ANALOG PEDALS ????

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klevi Shqopa

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: KRONOS ANALOG PEDALS ???? Reply with quote

Hi guys . Lately i got an amplifier for my keyboards (sounds so great and i suggest all of you taking one, sounds too much times better and it has the right dynamics that a keyboard player needs )
My question is !!!
Is there any possibility that my kronos can be functional with analog pedals ?
If Yes can anyone help me on how to setup the pedals on the amplifier etc ?
Im waiting for you help ✌✌
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Effects pedals or expression pedals?

SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would heartily recommend anyone to NOT use a keyboard amp but use a full range PA system. But if you're happt with the sound I don't mean to argue. With "analog pedals" I guess you mean guitar stomp boxes? If you just want to try it out and your stomp boxes are all solid state (as in no tubes) you can probably get away with keeping the level of the Kronos a bit lower (as its output is far higher than that of an electric guitar). But ideally you would match impedance using a reamping box. Radial makes the Pro RMP for instance, it's slightly over a hundred euros and top quality. It's passive, there's no level attenuator so you'll still need to watch the Kronos level but it matches impedance with the pedals so they'll work properly just as if you'd hook up to an electric guitar. Which brings me to the following - if you want to hook it back up to your keyboard amp you'll need a Hi-Z input on it and if you don't have one, use a DI. You'll also need an XLR female to balanced ("stereo") jack male cable between the DI and the amp for optimum connection. In addition, unless you have two of every pedal, everything will be mono. If you don't have a DI, I recommend the Radial Pro DI 2. It's stereo so you can use it when you just want to hook up a stereo synth or use one side of it for the above situation. You could also buy the mono one which is slightly cheaper but then you'd need another one if you ever want to run in stereo.
Klevi Shqopa

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grat advicr man thank u so much
I have a high Z Input on my amp also send return switches so i will try both ways. Thank you ☺
fcoulter

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
unless you have two of every pedal, everything will be mono.

I could have sworn I've seen stereo ins on some pedals. Not many, admittedly, but I'm pretty sure they do exist.

Korg: Kronos2 88
Other: Tyros 5 76, DGX-650, YPT-320, Fretted Clavichord, Upright Piano, DX-7, SY-99, eMu MPS (last three in attic)

RCM Certificates: Advanced Rudiments
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fcoulter wrote:
SanderXpander wrote:
unless you have two of every pedal, everything will be mono.

I could have sworn I've seen stereo ins on some pedals. Not many, admittedly, but I'm pretty sure they do exist.
"Strymon" springs to mind check out YouTube strymon keyboard/synth video's, how useful on a kronos I would not like to say but very interesting to see and here all the same https://youtu.be/Z8k35CUzVvM https://youtu.be/lMA1n1ACSik https://youtu.be/jW-QVm4Q6Lg
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes of course some pedals have stereo ins, I was speaking in general terms. Very few guitar stomp boxes or even more elaborate pedals are stereo.
WaterDrum

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this one is not analog but an all in one solution :

https://www.zoom-na.com/products/guitar-bass-effects/multistomp/zoom-ms-70cdr-multistomp-chorus-delay-reverb-pedal

its very flexible with input levels and works as a "Stereofyer", (Mono or Stereo in ....Stereo out).
easy and really worth the 110 bucks

more flexible live with all knobs at hand and expression pedal connectors
700 bucks and up ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGcmuI8yjbQ
fcoulter

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In terms of pedals, I've always thought that my keyboards generally did a good job on providing effects. Except in one area that I've thought about playing with -- looping.

Now, I don't know if looping will actually provide new avenues of fruitful exploration for me, but it's not something that I think my keyboards can do internally. So the notion of using a stereo looping pedal has a certain appeal for me.

Korg: Kronos2 88
Other: Tyros 5 76, DGX-650, YPT-320, Fretted Clavichord, Upright Piano, DX-7, SY-99, eMu MPS (last three in attic)

RCM Certificates: Advanced Rudiments
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterDrum wrote:
this one is not analog but an all in one solution :

https://www.zoom-na.com/products/guitar-bass-effects/multistomp/zoom-ms-70cdr-multistomp-chorus-delay-reverb-pedal

its very flexible with input levels and works as a "Stereofyer", (Mono or Stereo in ....Stereo out).
easy and really worth the 110 bucks

more flexible live with all knobs at hand and expression pedal connectors
700 bucks and up ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGcmuI8yjbQ

It's quite a good pedal, I have one sitting in from of me connected to my pulse 2 analog.

There is no end to it actually, someone would would route kronos through a moog pedal for buttery filters or real tube overdrive and then back in..
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Zoom pedals pretty extensively.

They're rugged (electrically speaking as well as physically), their effect quality is perfectly acceptable, and they're easily handled on stage, whether on the floor as guitar elements, or on a desk for synths.

Two thumbs up.

My choices: G1on and G3n

The G1on is basically set-and-forget, while the G3n allows for live knob-twiddling.

You could do a lot worse.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: