Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm going full vintage!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
circuitghost

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:11 am    Post subject: I'm going full vintage! Reply with quote

So I'm thinking of a project where I'm going full vintage - an EA1 MKII, an ES1 MKII and an ER1 MKII. And that's it. Line'em up next to each other and create a few tracks only from this rig.

Now doesn't this sound awesome or what? And tracking these babies down is half the fun. I got a ES1 already, now in pursuit of the rest. Over here in Sweden, they're never for sale, ever never, so off to e-bay I am.

All right, so maybe I'll add a compressor at the end, and some drive maybe, but that's it.Okay.
apapdop
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: I'm going full vintage! Reply with quote

circuitghost wrote:
So I'm thinking of a project where I'm going full vintage - an EA1 MKII, an ES1 MKII and an ER1 MKII. And that's it. Line'em up next to each other and create a few tracks only from this rig.

Now doesn't this sound awesome or what? And tracking these babies down is half the fun. I got a ES1 already, now in pursuit of the rest. Over here in Sweden, they're never for sale, ever never, so off to e-bay I am.

All right, so maybe I'll add a compressor at the end, and some drive maybe, but that's it.Okay.

Mmmmmmmmmm... Yeah baby...

Volca Sample, FM, Beats, Kick. OP-1, Monologue, Pocket Operators. And an ipad.
circuitghost

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna name them too - Vanessa, Alice and Mary Jane.
brambos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool idea! Using the internal sequencers?
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive thought about doing this, too, sort of - have the EA1 and ES1 (mk1)...but I really cant step away from the E2....hooked!
circuitghost

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brambos wrote:
Cool idea! Using the internal sequencers?

Yep. I'm even gonna wear vintage underwear while I'm writing the tracks.

You don't need to know that. You don't wanna know that. But I had to tell you anyways.
circuitghost

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roblabs wrote:
Ive thought about doing this, too, sort of - have the EA1 and ES1 (mk1)...but I really cant step away from the E2....hooked!

They don't exclude each other. But it's cool to explore a specific idea with these limitations. Not that having three vintage tribes is all that limiting. It's more a matter of a specific sound that I'm thinking they will generate. They do have a certain grimy feel to them, the first batch.

What I like about the E2, is that it's a bit of a chameleon and that you can use it for all sorts of things. I sometimes create a few drum loops, sample them and then use them with other instruments. But the Groove feature and the fx can really make the tracks swing. And I'm sequencing a Minitaur while running its audio into the E2:s Audio In as an oscillator - which works great, cause the Minitaur's output is mono, so I can apply decent delay or overdrive from the E2 and color the Minitaur's sound even more.

Quite a box of secrets, this little grey fella.
Hugo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this idea a lot Smile I've been meaning to do something like this myself, because all this gear s getting in the way of my creativity. I think I might go to the cabin and just take with a few select pieces of gear and see what happens.
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hugo wrote:
I like this idea a lot Smile I've been meaning to do something like this myself, because all this gear s getting in the way of my creativity. I think I might go to the cabin and just take with a few select pieces of gear and see what happens.

You get a more consistent sound
Headphones73

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say get all 4 original Electribes, or the 3 mk2s & have the EM-1 be the odd looking one, and at least then you can include a piano patch in with the 3. But hey at least you can really have fun with the 3!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: