Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Berlin Grand is missing?? Please help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eeshan

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Berlin Grand is missing?? Please help Reply with quote

hi guys

I did something seriously wrong i guess which is why this has happened.
Iam new to kronos and i am still figuring every inch of this beauty.

Quick recap

- i was trying to install a sound pack to my kronos. somewhere that sound pack was not loaded properly and on the top it kept showing a message " Samples not loaded"

Apparently the sound pack was made for the older kronos and not the new one, so i am sorting that out from the guy who made the pack.

- Now when i was looking for the berlin grand piano sound, i am not able to find it. My piano sound list starts only from German Grand.

- i THOUGHT let me re-install the new OS, maybe ill get it back, but i still can't find it. Does that mean i have lost that sound and some additional sounds too?

Hoping you guys could help me out with this

Thanks
Awaiting reply
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Berlin Grand is missing?? Please help Reply with quote

Eeshan wrote:
hi guys

I did something seriously wrong i guess which is why this has happened.
Iam new to kronos and i am still figuring every inch of this beauty.

Quick recap

- i was trying to install a sound pack to my kronos. somewhere that sound pack was not loaded properly and on the top it kept showing a message " Samples not loaded"

Apparently the sound pack was made for the older kronos and not the new one, so i am sorting that out from the guy who made the pack.

- Now when i was looking for the berlin grand piano sound, i am not able to find it. My piano sound list starts only from German Grand.

- i THOUGHT let me re-install the new OS, maybe ill get it back, but i still can't find it. Does that mean i have lost that sound and some additional sounds too?

Hoping you guys could help me out with this

Thanks
Awaiting reply

you need to clarify.

Which Kronos model do you have ?

What is the exact name of the 'sound pack '

You said ' some guy ' made the pack. huh ?
Some guy ?

Did you actually purchase the ' sound pack " ?
from who ? where ?

What OS are you on ?

Do you have the install instructions ?

Getting clear on the above will help solve your issue
JoeyL

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a first generation, but I assume it's the same. Just go to disk mode press the load tab find your factory folder drill down into it and just press load on what you're missing. It will probably ask load ksc too just press yes. you may need to just load the main folder.

Also check in global mode. Make sure ksc autoload is showing factory folders also.

You probably better stay away from your friends folder till you figure out how this all works.
JoeyL

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other thing. Every once in a while do a save all. Then if it all goes south you can load from that folder and you won't lose your work.
narf
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to your factory folder and load your preload PCG. The trouble with some of the packs out there is that when they share their PCG file, they save their custom sounds along with everything else in their Kronos including the factory presets and sometimes the expansion packs that they purchase themselves. Always a good idea to backup your Kronos first before loading anything by going to Disk, Save, save PCG. Also open any new PCG file you acquire and inspect its contents before loading as they can potentially overwrite all your custom programs, combis, setlists, drum kits, wavesequences and global settings.

Kronos Ultimate Covers Pack
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: