Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M1 to Kronos conversion service? Any interest?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
enigmahack
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: M1 to Kronos conversion service? Any interest? Reply with quote

I'm looking at offering a new service on my site, which is synth-conversions starting with the Korg M1. So many people are asking for the Universe multi, it's a good starting point but I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in using a service where I'd be moving sounds from the M1 into the Kronos (including custom sounds that users might have created)

Would anyone be interested in using that kind of service? The more synths I get, the more synth conversions I'd offer but right now I only have the M1 and the Korg Triton TR/LE. Just wanted to put some feelers out there.
media-igor

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: M1 to Kronos conversion service? Any interest? Reply with quote

enigmahack wrote:
I'm looking at offering a new service on my site, which is synth-conversions starting with the Korg M1. So many people are asking for the Universe multi, it's a good starting point but I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in using a service where I'd be moving sounds from the M1 into the Kronos (including custom sounds that users might have created)

Would anyone be interested in using that kind of service? The more synths I get, the more synth conversions I'd offer but right now I only have the M1 and the Korg Triton TR/LE. Just wanted to put some feelers out there.

Of course, I would be interested in having on my KRONOS board the sounds of M1! What other synthesizer sounds you can make?
enigmahack
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: M1 to Kronos conversion service? Any interest? Reply with quote

media-igor wrote:

Of course, I would be interested in having on my KRONOS board the sounds of M1! What other synthesizer sounds you can make?

Well, the more work I get and the more synths I acquire, the more I'm going to try and convert. Right now, I can convert Kurzweil 2000/2500/2600, Korg Triton LE/TR, and Korg M1 because those are the synths I have. I'm definitely open to suggestions however as the need arises.
lunaluna

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having the M1 in the Kronos would be fantastic and if we could have the T3 and specially the 01/W would be awesome !
Pedja
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: M1 to Kronos conversion service? Any interest? Reply with quote

enigmahack wrote:
media-igor wrote:

Well, the more work I get and the more synths I acquire, the more I'm going to try and convert. Right now, I can convert Kurzweil 2000/2500/2600, Korg Triton LE/TR, and Korg M1 because those are the synths I have. I'm definitely open to suggestions however as the need arises.

I will like to have sounds from M1, only because Joe Zawinul used this board and this sounds, and I have special interest for Kurzweil 2000/2500/2600 because I like Kurtz! Thanks enigmahack, I very appreciate you and your work (video clips, sound design...), and you are bighearted man, and I very much respect this. This is a rare characteristic this day's. Thanks for all.
My music: https://soundcloud.com/pedjak-1
http://moca.virtual.museum/autogallery2017/autogallery_kalajdzijevic/
http://moca.virtual.museum/dablog/dablog02.htm
http://moca.virtual.museum/autogallery2019/autogallery_kalajdzijevic/
https://www.saatchiart.com/PedjaK
Schmooster

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're talking about stock sounds though really - it's not an M1 in a Kronos - no disrespect, I admire your sentiment - but unless you recreate the patches then I'm assuming you're just going to sample them? There's no A2i synthesis modelling in the Kronos so it's never going to be 'as described' i.e. T3 or 01/W - how can it be? No workstation will ever be that, because that would mean no need for any other keyboard ever again - you understand what I mean surely? It's a lovely idea, but even the M1 PC software is only 'sound-alike' and on occasion due to the missing engine hardware and effects some sounds are a long way off. There was a one-on-one comparison on YouTube somewhere. Out of the box some were spot on - but start tweaking and it all goes into a whole different realm. M1 sounds, Triton sounds, others etc are available but unless you're a caberet act what's the real point? Personally I don't want to sound like anyone else, and I don't - I don't think my 3 year old daughter could sound as bad as I do, but you'd know if she was playing the M1 piano.
Good luck though, its s big job already but taking requests? I hope you've no family or job lol, something has to give way to just playing music, never mind creating sounds.
enigmahack
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schmooster wrote:
You're talking about stock sounds though really - it's not an M1 in a Kronos - no disrespect, I admire your sentiment - but unless you recreate the patches then I'm assuming you're just going to sample them? There's no A2i synthesis modelling in the Kronos so it's never going to be 'as described' i.e. T3 or 01/W - how can it be? No workstation will ever be that, because that would mean no need for any other keyboard ever again - you understand what I mean surely? It's a lovely idea, but even the M1 PC software is only 'sound-alike' and on occasion due to the missing engine hardware and effects some sounds are a long way off. There was a one-on-one comparison on YouTube somewhere. Out of the box some were spot on - but start tweaking and it all goes into a whole different realm. M1 sounds, Triton sounds, others etc are available but unless you're a caberet act what's the real point? Personally I don't want to sound like anyone else, and I don't - I don't think my 3 year old daughter could sound as bad as I do, but you'd know if she was playing the M1 piano.
Good luck though, its s big job already but taking requests? I hope you've no family or job lol, something has to give way to just playing music, never mind creating sounds.

I hear you totally. Actually my job *IS* making sounds and programming, so this is just another supplement offer.

Many of the sounds from the M1 were moved to the Wavestation which is in the Kronos. The ones that aren't, I'm recreating. I'm not just talking about making the presets sound similar, but I mean I'm going WAY deeper than just the preset level. There's not too much that I don't think I can do from the M1 on the Kronos. At least I haven't seen anything yet but that may change.

Either way, I'm not sampling presets. I'm talking full-control using the Kronos engine to re-create what was in the M1. Deeper than just sampling Smile
ExcelMusicStudio

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 12:03 am    Post subject: M1 to Kronos Reply with quote

that's a great idea... what would be the best solution .. a library / programmer that reads M1 combi / prog files ..imports them into kronos .. a translator .

I got as afar as importing M1 sounds into the software version ... still a bit unwieldy in the studio

the Kronos has compatible PCM files . many M1 sounds & Wavestation sounds are included ..

a while back I wanted to port my DW8000 analog sounds across... having dozens of those programs used in my music

there was no translator as such .. the DW ..being such a noisy synth .. would benefit much from the pristine clarity & power of Kronos .. as well as the modulation & control options..

Songwriter , Lyricist , Music Producer
Korg Kronos 73 , Korg Wavestation SR , Korg M1Rex , Korg A2 Effects , Alesis D4 , Alesis DM5 , Alesis DMpro , Alesis QS4r , Passac Sentient 6 , Roland GP16 , Kurzweil K2000r , Creamware Pulsar , 37 guitars & basses , whacky sense of humour , glass of orange juice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: