Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Should Songwriters plan on keeping a ' Kronos ' forever ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spaceman3 wrote:
When i get my hands on 3 grand, i am getting a backup KRONOS.
:

Don't rob a bank in Indiana , is my advice Smile

Guitar Center frequently offers ' free' 6 month/12 month financing .

I am not a big fan of GC but they sure promote like crazy. I had good luck
buying GC on line for my Spectrsonics VI's last month, saved quite a bit and got the financing.
timbukktwo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC-

How do you like Omnisphere 2? I've got it, but haven't downloaded it yet; too busy.
spaceman3
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
spaceman3 wrote:
When i get my hands on 3 grand, i am getting a backup KRONOS.
:

Don't rob a bank in Indiana , is my advice Smile

Guitar Center frequently offers ' free' 6 month/12 month financing .

I am not a big fan of GC but they sure promote like crazy. I had good luck
buying GC on line for my Spectrsonics VI's last month, saved quite a bit and got the financing.

I wont rob a bank in indiana.
I will rob a bank in ohio.
Just kidding.
Actualy, i have a settlement i am waiting on.
When the time comes, i will check guitar center among a few others.
Thanks for the info.
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

timbukktwo wrote:
GregC-

How do you like Omnisphere 2? I've got it, but haven't downloaded it yet; too busy.

I have Omnisphere 2 as well. Loads of inspiration to find in it. It is awesome. So well worth downloading when you get the time. Smile

As well as Omnisphere, I have recently investied in some 3rd party Omnisphere sound libraries from "Plug In Guru" and "The Unfinished" which have expanded the the capabilities/sonic palette. If I cannot get inspiration from Omnipshere, then I might as well give up!

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
timbukktwo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omnisphere 2 is definitely amazing. Regarding the sound, Youtube videos I'm sure, don't do it justice. I've got so many other things to do in the studio that are more important right now, I can't get right to it, yet. No doubt in the feature-set and sound quality. How would you even describe the sound quality compared to the Kronos? What adjectives would you use? I know it depends on what I call the supporting cast (converters/monitors, etc., etc.) one's using.
thextreme1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is quite the interesting topic and one Im sure every songwriter/ musician ponders now and then. I always make master copies in multiple formats and also make copies without lead vocals, just in case Im feeling that a performance wasnt all it could be or that time and repetition has added new nuances that make the song better. So I can just rerecord the lead vocals and not have to go back and redo everything. I also always make midi copies of each song, saving uncompressed versions of my audio recordings, so as not to have to go back and rerecord them.

I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my music, so I usually make sure Im happy before I put a recording into the can. That way, Im not constantly going back and tweaking. If I do, that recording will never be finished.

When a song is done, leave it be and move on... otherwise you will spend the rest of your life trying to perfect the past and none of your time writing for your future. Which is the noose that usually hangs a lot of songwriters.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thextreme1 wrote:
This is quite the interesting topic and one Im sure every songwriter/ musician ponders now and then. I always make master copies in multiple formats and also make copies without lead vocals, just in case Im feeling that a performance wasnt all it could be or that time and repetition has added new nuances that make the song better. So I can just rerecord the lead vocals and not have to go back and redo everything. I also always make midi copies of each song, saving uncompressed versions of my audio recordings, so as not to have to go back and rerecord them.

I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my music, so I usually make sure Im happy before I put a recording into the can. That way, Im not constantly going back and tweaking. If I do, that recording will never be finished.

When a song is done, leave it be and move on... otherwise you will spend the rest of your life trying to perfect the past and none of your time writing for your future. Which is the noose that usually hangs a lot of songwriters.

good post.

Your point about about finishing the song is equally true to keeping options open on a Song.

I don't go to the extreme of always perfecting the past. But I am improving my recording/mixing techniques over time. All my recording relies on the SEQ. I just recently leaned how to exceed 16 midi tracks without relying on more Audio.

Quality of Instrumentation is a big deal for me. sound programming is improving exponentially it seems. I might want to go back and revoice a horn section track.
A friend said a few of my tracks sound a little dry. So I might go back and add a little reverb. Little tweaks. Its not distracting to me. I have a file folder, of little tweak suggestions for my Songs. I can work, try them out at some point in the future.

I don't have a deep Song portfolio currently, about 20 . In a year, it will be 40 or 50 Songs. at that point, I will have reached a goal.

Other than adding a new trackI am 99% firm on the actual part performance.
Or the original theme. chord changes, song structure. Once I have captured the song message, style, etc, I am 99% satisfied.
thextreme1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
thextreme1 wrote:

good post.

Your point about about finishing the song is equally true to keeping options open on a Song.

I don't go to the extreme of always perfecting the past. But I am improving my recording/mixing techniques over time. All my recording relies on the SEQ. I just recently leaned how to exceed 16 midi tracks without relying on more Audio.

Quality of Instrumentation is a big deal for me. sound programming is improving exponentially it seems. I might want to go back and revoice a horn section track.
A friend said a few of my tracks sound a little dry. So I might go back and add a little reverb. Little tweaks. Its not distracting to me. I have a file folder, of little tweak suggestions for my Songs. I can work, try them out at some point in the future.

I don't have a deep Song portfolio currently, about 20 . In a year, it will be 40 or 50 Songs. at that point, I will have reached a goal.

Or the original theme. chord changes, song structure. Once I have captured the song message, style, etc, I am 99% satisfied.

Thank you.

That is the beauty of saving the midi and audio files, it always gives you a quick fix for better or new sounds. But, as I said prior, just make sure you dont get caught in the vortex of constant tweaking. Though, if you are at 20 songs and growing, you are doing good for yourself. Its always good to have a pulse on what could be a hit, as it keeps you from writing filler songs that tend to be a waste of time for budding musicians and songwriters. Hits are easy to spot, as you will catch yourself humming or singing them away from the studio, or friends doing the same. A site like Jango can give you quick insight on to what may or may not sell to the general public. Anything above a 10% like rating, is good. Anything above 40% is great... and anything 60% or higher is a hit. Jango also gives you great analytics of every facet of your audience. Where they are from, what else they listen to, their age, etc... It is a great tool to see where your music stands amongst whats playing on the radio, both new and old.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thextreme1 wrote:
GregC wrote:
thextreme1 wrote:

good post.

Thank you.

That is the beauty of saving the midi and audio files, it always gives you a quick fix for better or new sounds. But, as I said prior, just make sure you dont get caught in the vortex of constant tweaking. Though, if you are at 20 songs and growing, you are doing good for yourself. Its always good to have a pulse on what could be a hit, as it keeps you from writing filler songs that tend to be a waste of time for budding musicians and songwriters. Hits are easy to spot, as you will catch yourself humming or singing them away from the studio, or friends doing the same. A site like Jango can give you quick insight on to what may or may not sell to the general public. Anything above a 10% like rating, is good. Anything above 40% is great... and anything 60% or higher is a hit. Jango also gives you great analytics of every facet of your audience. Where they are from, what else they listen to, their age, etc... It is a great tool to see where your music stands amongst whats playing on the radio, both new and old.

Thanks for telling me about Jango. I am not into or reliant on the economic side of the music business. I enjoy being a non profit artist Smile I am finding my audience in real life, the old school way.

I have been loading my material on SoundCloud but they have financial issues so I need a Plan B. Jango looks well developed and stable , they originated in 2007.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: