Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

songbook+

View previous topic :: View next topic  
petmol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: songbook+ Reply with quote

Hi everybody.
I use Korg songbook with songbook+ app for iPad. And I have one problem. During playing player A I want to choose song to player B. But I cannot, because even in mode STOP I have now lyrics from player B. ( And I'm still singing song from player A.) Is there any solution, f.e. with Midi Filters?
Thanks for your answer.
pa4x_user

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you please clarify : are your lyrics stored in Songbook+ (?) and you are using the Korg Songbook song code to call up the Songbook+ entry?
Songbook+ app for iPad
Cubase12 Pro DAW software
Dorico Elements 4.2 scoring software
Band-in-a-Box 2022
Yamaha CVP-309GP
pa4x_user

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi petmol,

Thanks for your PM. So this how I understand your situation -

SETUP
1) You are using the Songbook+ app on the iPad to store and display your lyrics
2) Your MP3's are stored on the Pa4X and each is linked to an individual entry in the Korg Songbook. Each of these has a Korg song code, which is used to select and "pop" the appropriate song lyrics display in the Songbook+ app on the iPad

PROBLEM
When you try to preload an MP3 in the Player 2, by preselecting a Korg Songbook entry, Songbook+ is displaying the lyrics of the next song before you have finished the song you are currently singing.

SITUATION
What is happening here is that when you select the next (MP3) song in the Korg Songbook/Setlist, it immediately sends the song code to the iPad, and Songbook+ does what it is supposed to do and loads the (next) song corresponding to that code. There is not much you can do about that, but there is another option (which is pretty good) -

OPTION - Use Songbook+ as your master setlist. You can create setlists in Songbook+, and the "next" song can be preset automatically (use Songbook+/Settings/Playlists/Preset Next Song Automatically'). When you select the preloaded song with a single tap, it will select the corresponding Korg Songbook entry almost instantaneously and is ready to play. The other advantage of this is that if you decide re-order your setlist (drag songs up/down the setlist), or select items randomly, it is generally much easier to do this in Songbook+ than to navigate the Korg Songbook/Setlist.

With this option, if you wait for the first song to finish, you do not need to preload Player 2, your next song (MP3) will load immediately and is ready to play.

USING THE FADER

If you preselect the next song in Songbook+ (say, just a couple of verse lines BEFORE you have finished the first song), the good news is that the PA4X will load the selection into Player 2 without interrupting the playback of the 1st MP3. That means you can use the Fader control to bring in the next MP3 if that is how you prefer to work. AND if you preselect another song in Songbook+ subsequently, the Korg will load the MP3 into the unused player (eg Player 1).

NOTE - your midi system channel (eg ch16) on the Pa4X needs to be set up to both send and receive.

Hope this helps.

FOOTNOTE: Songbook+ also allows timed page turns. I considered the possibility that if you selected a song in the Korg Songbook, that maybe Songbook+ would not display the next song until the timer had run out. But this doesn't work, it displays the next song immediately.
Songbook+ app for iPad
Band-in-a-Box 2022
Yamaha CVP-309GP
petmol

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: songbook+ Reply with quote

Very simple. YOU ARE THE WORLD CHAMPION!!! Cool
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Petmol, how are you sending MIDI program change messages from Songbook+ to the Pa4x? Are you sending MSB/LSB? Sysex Messages?

Can you tell from going into the Songbook+ app?

Thanks
Al
petmol

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:37 am    Post subject: songbook+ Reply with quote

Hi,
MSB/LSB 000, only midi channel 16, because I use mp3, not midifiles.
pa4x_user

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also use the 'Action Button' feature and use program change in form (ch, program) and send many other commands such as volume changes to any midi channel. Can send sysex if you want also.

The Lite version of Songbook has full functionality, but restricted song list (about 6 songs only, I think) so you can test if it does what you want before purchasing full Songbook+
Songbook+ app for iPad
Band-in-a-Box 2022
Yamaha CVP-309GP
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, thanks so much for the reply. I will try this and see how I get along.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: