Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MidiQuest Editor - Noob Questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WVought

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: MidiQuest Editor - Noob Questions Reply with quote

I'm thinking of taking the plunge.

1. Does MQ11 run on Windows 10? The specs do not indicate this.

2. Will it run on a 64bit computer?

3. How does one instantiate it into a DAW as a plug-in? (I use Sonar, btw.)

4. When run as a plugin on a Windows computer, is there any conflict between the DAW and MQ11 as to which program controls the USB port?

Thank you.
WVought

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've answered all of my own questions.

1. The demo appears to run fine on W10. I would still prefer that they specifically state that it runs on W10.

2. Yup.

3. Just like any other VST. But one needs to tell the program to create the necessary .dll file.

4. Nope.
WVought

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, so far as I can tell, one needs the Pro version to be able to use the VST function.
WVought

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick follow-up on the topic of the Midi Quest editor.

I've had it for only about a week, and already I feel that it has opened up the Kronos for me. I never could get anywhere using that little screen. Now it's all starting to make sense, although of course there are still a million things I don't know about the Kronos. But it's much more accessible. I can finally get under the hood, and I'm learning new things every day.

I hesitated because of the price, but for me it has turned out to be worth it.

YMMV.
Sweat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound Quest are the developers of the freely available Kronos Editor, correct? I have been aware of them for years, but went with Sound Diver for my midi librarian/editor back in the day. I am guessing their latest Midi Quest editor is much more robust? I wish I could demo or test drive before a purchase.

Providing a good librarian is one thing, but I would probably still use PCG Tools for searching programs in unique ways.

The important feature for me is a software editor that beats navigating the small keyboard display is. Expanding the interface to take advantage of a 27" monitor like Chrutil's AL-1 editor is a no-brainer. Even some screenshots would help answer a few questions. Could be worth it if it does all it says.
WVought

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I understand it, Sound Quest is indeed the developer of the freely available Kronos Editor. I used Sound Diver years ago, but didn't really understand it at the time, so never got very far with it. But I would say MQ is a robust program.

Midi Quest seems to let me do everything I need to do...easily browse Combis and Programs, change Programs and GEs in Combis, change Karma settings, and a thousand other things I don't even know about yet. I'm not an expert on any of this, so make up your own mind, but I do find MQ very helpful.

There is a demo available. Just download the program from their website. It will work in demo mode until you buy it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: