Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Haze

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Promote Your Music Online
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ammanuel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Haze Reply with quote

A dublike rhythm track.
any feedback is welcome. recorded raw straight to Sony handyman recorder's line in.
thank you fro your time

Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ammanuel ,
I'm having trouble with your link.
It doesn't come through like a hyper link. I'm having trouble with a few links like this at the mo.Don't know if its my venerable OS I'm using on my mobiles.
What is the name of your track on sound cloud and I'll google it that way.May be easier.
Cheers ,
El
ammanuel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by ammanuel on Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice!
I like your use of effects. You've really developed your sound here and its well balanced. With Haze I dont know if you mastered with compression but I enjoyed the varied dynamics on the delays. I particularly liked your understated rhythm track. The kick was nice (light and small) and the overall quietness and tone/fx of the drums ticked along nicely for me with intersting geiger counter perc. Plus your nice bed of harmonics and synth patterns swirling over the top with cool breakdown towards end . Its a subtle track.Excellent.

Liking this dubstyle you've found as I enjoyed your other tracks too. Hesitant Heart is really nice.Has lovely mood.Digging the pad that waves throughout and the chord stab's are on point.
Again with sensitive use of ear candy on the ambient FX.

I'm guessing you are a one take ,record everything as a stereo track - live jam artist. I am too.
Sometimes its nice to do a 2nd take over the top. Depending on what type of equipment you feel like using for this . The most ruff and ready for me is use a DJ CD deck and play my track from that , jamming more FX freestyles over the top (especially if you have access to distortion filters and delays/verb). lose a bit of quality but doesn't seem to matter and occasionally adds (as Im sure you are aware judging from your stye).
Another is multi track another track along side. I like hardware for this (OP-1 or Octatrack) but software would be fine ,even to layer extra hardware over the top. If the clock source is the same (on both takes) ,the sync should be achievable. Or indeed free style elements without clock (maybe samples).

Having said all that your tracks are certaianly standing up as they are and in no need of remix/multi layer Smile
Keep on buddy, I really enjoyed Very Happy
ammanuel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you El, for the constructive and informative feedback. Very generous and kind of you brother.

on Haze I recorded pads/chords from the key to KP with the fx and layered wit with more key sequence...could have brought the volume slightly down tho:) ....im learning. I also love the effect of phaser and verb with echo to give off that evolving and pitchshift like variation or brightness/dimmness....

You are correct. I am live jam and one-take kinda guy Smile....but like you mentioned the idea of adding another track for melodic or etc has entered my mind and your suggestions you shared are immensely helpful! I had considered the Octatrack for awhile but the deep menu diving and intimidating learning curve has been a deterrent for the moment. I am using rs-7000 as master so I assuming the second track will be sync'd and/or if I use Ableton instruments they will be sync'd as well.

Again, I am very appreciative and encouraged by your feedback( plan to explore the hardwares furthermore since I am on station:)
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey you are doing really well buddy ,clocking up those posts on SC (you'r ahead of me Smile ).
Glad the feedback was useful.
I'm really suprised your FX were KP! They are so nice you had me thinking that you had landed yourself a more expensive space echo type effect unit! Seriously .Just shows you how two people can get such different results from same gear - I distort and modulate heavily often). But yes - I liked your high level space and ambiece swirls and noise bed. Ace.

If you are using Ableton to record and are happy with that, best stick with it...unless of course you spy a cheap OT v1 when people start upgrading to Octatrack 2. One of the best things about OT is its like a mixer with built in Fx/sequencer/sampler and we can really modulate those FX with boss selection of LFOs and crossfade.Can also sample to beat length,then switch beats easy.Its fun and builds on Korg sequencers. Its not too heavy for menus- if you read manual -twice ,plus Cuckoo vids.
ammanuel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, been using SC a lot.....thought you stopped following SC I had been following there for a bit. Looking forward to hear your work...I think you posted a while ago an audio track. You are way ahead brother.

Oh, I am still using the echo space emulator re-20 on the KP fx ( I resampled the key twice on the KP on on bank with frequency modulation and layered it live keys with delay) ....using the same setup as before.

The price is still too high for the OT:) but who knows. My impression from the convos on forums is that most are not too impressed with the OT MK. I guess the changes made were a couple of shift functions ( which some considered very helpful from having to dive into the menu) . maybe the price won't go down as A4's...... I tried to use Ableton to multitrack but my mixing board usb interface is only 16 bits. I was getting these static crackles. I tried higher sampling rate (516) but no luck.
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I think you'r right about OT price. I still love my v1. Maybe they will update v2 with more?
RE20 that's it. It sounds good how ever you are workin with them. So you are using samples of kp3 ? Did you encounter any sync shifting problems.
Also out of interest what other forums were you checking?
ammanuel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

v1 ? is the Op-1?

I think I overheard that convo on lines forum ( a lot of the threads has to do with modular and monome and coding... I don't know anything about coding or the software and modulars....and also generative music related.... the folks on that sites are really interesting and great musicians) lots of good threads on all aspect of sound, society and media.

the KP receives and adjusts to changes to master clock and tempo but there is syncing shift issue.
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that link to lines Ammanuel . Not heard of that one but I think I've found the place.. It seems like a nice forum.still no idea about its original purpose (apart from music) but it seems less dense than elektronaughs -which I find hard to navigate its so busy- and its clearly a friendly(er) site. I've only read one thread, but it seems worth visiting,thanks.

About your kaosspad samples - do you trigger them external from the 7000?
ammanuel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no problem. Yes its not as populated like elektronaughs....lots of the hardware chat is modular with / and coding involved softwares etc which is foreign to me. But there are some thread which appeal to me. Yes, it is a friendly site. are you into coding and modulars?

I don't trigger the Kaoss from 7000. It's "manual" ( saved samples via bank trigger. I didn't know you could do that...is it simple?
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Module stuff I fear the rabbit hole ,stick with stand alone.
Programming totally out of my knowledge. I don't even use software at mo ,apart from occasional audacity and the odd utility. Wouldnt mind using Ableton a bit in future if I make the time.

Triggering kp3 from external seq is quite straight forward and does have its place - although I definitely prefer manual hands on experience of kp samples.
Set the midi channel up with shift & 5. On this menu to the right is the 4 sample banks, were we assign 4 notes . Then choose which type of trigger method for playback in sample edit.
In the midi msg /shift & 5 menu there is also our CCs for the major pad controls. This is a lot of fun. X&Y is ok (plus pad touch on/off) but my favorite is FX depth to automate fx in and out. I think sample vol is there too - the slider.

(Shift & 4 needs the midi filters set correctly).
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triggering the samples from your sequencer is less flexible (we can't trigger samples on half way through the loop,only from beginning) but - the samples are always on time with no drift in sync.
Set sample loops to one shot type triggering for this style. In sample edit :click encoder and select 3r or 4rG depending on your note trigger preference .

Edit : you could try types 1 & 2 for experiments different to mine.
ammanuel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kp info. I do use the one shots but I tend to loop samples for background. One shot can be useful for variation and color. Great idea.

lol I agree about the modular....it seems like the modular gear heads are always expanding. Not for me either...not by choice but $ , space, and happy with the standalone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Promote Your Music Online All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: