Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is patch programming on Kronos & Triton the same?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
valhalla

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject: Is patch programming on Kronos & Triton the same? Reply with quote

Is patch programming on the Kronos pretty much the same as it is for the Triton and Triton Extreme? Or maybe I should state that the other way around... I read something that suggested that the way you program patches on the Kronos is almost the same as it is on the Triton. Obviously there would be different ways of accessing the parameters. Is this all true? Can I learn how to program the Triton from studying all the examples of programming patches on the Kronos? That would be nice since there are a zillion examples, tutorials and videos for the Kronos compared to nothing for the Triton.

Does anyone have a Kronos they would like to donate to me?

Any lawyers out there? Can we get a class action lawsuit against Korg for not having adequate instruction anywhere, for learning their expensive technology? Smile
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Is patch programming on Kronos & Triton the same? Reply with quote

valhalla wrote:
Is patch programming on the Kronos pretty much the same as it is for the Triton and Triton Extreme? )

Yes there are similarities to the layout of the HD-1 engine pages/parameters in Kronos to that of the Tritons HI they both derive from the same DNA essentially.

If you've used a Triton or seen instructional videos of such on how to edit it you'll know the basic idea of the layout of the HD-1 Inside Kronos,I'd say at least 90% of the layout of the Triton Parameters User interface is the same in HD1

I'm in the process of converting some of my favourite TEX sounds over to Kronos copying over the same parameter settings but choosing a similar PCM sample for the basis of the sound,obviously the sample sets of the two are different and different filter options between them so not all sounds will convert in a true sound fashion,but copying the parameters will get at least 90% there.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The M3, M50 and Krome are closer to the Triton than the Kronos, so it's worth looking at Program creation resources for those keyboards. It's also worth keeping to hand printed copies of the Program Structure diagram from page 19 the Triton Extreme Operation Guide, to help draw together in the mind what is learnt from the various YouTube videos and other relevant material on the web, and to help when planning and creating sounds.

The Triton's documentation is quite extensive. A class action lawsuit would probably not get anywhere.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: