Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to change HDD on my Studio

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mitkosan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: How to change HDD on my Studio Reply with quote

Dear Colleagues,

Would you be so kind to explain me in details (step by step) how to replace the old HDD with a new one?
I have obtained myself with 2,5" 40 GB HDD.

I am asking you because I never do that before.

As far as I know - first I should format the new one HDD ( as FAT 32).

I noticed there is something like a lid (above the CD and FDD). Is it a way to open only that lid (instead the bottom) or I should disjoint the whole bottom?

Please share your experience with me, how I should proceed.

Thank you in advance,

Dimiter
EdK

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Dimiter,

Found your unanswered posting. I need to replace the HDD in my Studio. Where you able replace yours?

I removed all the screws from the bottom of mine but doing so appears to loosen much more than the bottom so I stopped and decided to seach this forum. I could find a procedure but its for a Triton Pro or Extreme. Both of those have a metal bottom whereas the Studio has a wood bottom.

Appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks! EdK
insanitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hook up the hard drive to your computer and use a Windows 98 boot disk to partition and format the new hard drive using fdisk and the format command. This will create one fat32 partition on the hard drive. After this, hook it up to your Triton Studio and enjoy. If you do not have a copy of Windows 98, you might be able to download it from bootdisk.com. You open up the Triton Studio from the bottom. The hard drive is located where the floppy drive is. To remove the hard drive is pretty straight forward.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
EdK

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Insanitor,

I appreciate the reply but my issue is not the formatting of the hard drive. I've got that covered. My issue is how to remove the bottom of the Studio in order to get to the hard drive.

Although I removed all the screws from the bottom again and some of the other parts that came loose will no longer be an issue, it appears that the keybed itself along with other components appear to be attached to the bottom.

I was thinking of possibly flipping it over (to be right side up) in order to remove the top but I'm not sure if that's a wise move. I'm looking to see if anyone can give me some guidance.

I have the service manual for the Triton but it appears that Korg didn't actually publish one for the Studio as the manual only refers to the classic and Pro models. Both of them have metallic bottoms (just like my Korg M1) but apparently Korg built the case for the Studio differently than the classic and Pro models.

I contacted Korg directly but they weren't any help as it's considered a vintage keyboard and no long carry parts or other diagnostic tools/manuals for it.

When I removed the screws from the bottom, the only ones I left in place are those that hold the rubber feet on which don't appear to be connected to anything on the inside anyway.
John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EdK wrote:
Hey Insanitor,

I appreciate the reply but my issue is not the formatting of the hard drive. I've got that covered. My issue is how to remove the bottom of the Studio in order to get to the hard drive.

Although I removed all the screws from the bottom again and some of the other parts that came loose will no longer be an issue, it appears that the keybed itself along with other components appear to be attached to the bottom.

I was thinking of possibly flipping it over (to be right side up) in order to remove the top but I'm not sure if that's a wise move. I'm looking to see if anyone can give me some guidance.

I have the service manual for the Triton but it appears that Korg didn't actually publish one for the Studio as the manual only refers to the classic and Pro models. Both of them have metallic bottoms (just like my Korg M1) but apparently Korg built the case for the Studio differently than the classic and Pro models.

I contacted Korg directly but they weren't any help as it's considered a vintage keyboard and no long carry parts or other diagnostic tools/manuals for it.

When I removed the screws from the bottom, the only ones I left in place are those that hold the rubber feet on which don't appear to be connected to anything on the inside anyway.

Apparently you can get the service manual, but it will cost you 15 bucks:

https://www.guitar-parts.com/catalog/korg-service-manual-triton-studio
EdK

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello John01W,

I appreciate your reply but I already have the service manual. Have had it for years and I purchased it from the site that you provided the link to.
insanitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EdK wrote:
Hey Insanitor,

As I said, the hard drive is located where the floppy drive is and removal of the hard drive is a straight forward process. Anyone with mechanical aptitude can do this without the need of a service manual or special training.

If this is something you can't figure out then even with detailed instructions on how to do this, I would not recommend that you try it and you should instead take it to the service department of your local music store or check Korg's website for the nearest authorized dealer. If Korg does not want to deal with your Triton then the nearest authorized dealer will, since these people do not work for Korg directly and are simply people that Korg trusts when it concerns having the skills to do the job. This is not rocket science here, it's just screws, plates and metal/plastic parts and cables.

Good luck with replacing your Hard Drive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: