Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't connect Nanokontrol Studio to ipad pro via Bluetooth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MartieFuncum

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Can't connect Nanokontrol Studio to ipad pro via Bluetooth Reply with quote

Really struggling with this (ready for chucking through the window type struggling!) I've had no problems whatsoever with the Nanokey Studio but the Nanokontrol Studio just not connecteling at all. I've tried to 'forget' the device and start again but nothing. When I try in battery mode the blue light flashes and, in both usb and battery modes, the unit is being recognised but can't seem to connect before being declared offline, which is just baffling (the blue light only flashes in battery mode).

The drivers are up to date, the USB connection is fine (the unit powers up ok), the batteries are new and it's an iPad Pro so I really can't understand why it's not connecting??

The first time I tried the Nanokey Studio was also connected so could there have been some kind of conflict? (and if so why??)

Any help at all would be really appreciated, thanks.

[/i]
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you connecting it?
How Bluetooth midi works is that you don't need to pair it to iPad. Instead go to you app/synthetic and if it supports Bluetooth it should show under Bluetooth midi button. You select the device and it starts working.

I use nanokey studio this way.

Btw the care of that USB connector port, it's fragile and mine broke off taking copper on pcb itself. Had to solder a permanent Usb cable to mine.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
MartieFuncum

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amit wrote:
How are you connecting it?
How Bluetooth midi works is that you don't need to pair it to iPad. Instead go to you app/synthetic and if it supports Bluetooth it should show under Bluetooth midi button. You select the device and it starts working.

I use nanokey studio this way.

Btw the care of that USB connector port, it's fragile and mine broke off taking copper on pcb itself. Had to solder a permanent Usb cable to mine.

Thanks Amit. I connected it in the same way I did the Nanokey Studio: I connected by the USB (which only seems to be for power, why doesn't it automatically connect via USB as I have no need whatsoever for Bluetooth?) and then I tap the cog at the top right of Gadget,then the first box on the list (sorry not at home right now so can't remember what it's called?) which tells you what devices it has recognised, then I tap on them to connect, or not as the case is with the Nanokontrol!

What I didn't try, and I'll be dammed if this works, is to see if it was working without the Bluetooth connection as it seems, to me at least, that the only way to connect the Studios to the devices is to tap on those recognised devices I'm that first box??

And yes, I've already noticed that the tiny USB is extremely fragile so might go down the soldering route myself!

Cheers
MartieFuncum

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got home and it turns out that it's still not working. What's really baffling me is I can't for the life of me figure out why I have to use Bluetooth when it's already connected via the supplied USB cable!

Have I missed something?
MartieFuncum

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorted it by going into the ipads Bluetooth connection (NOT Gadgets), clicking the i and telling it to forget the device then trying to pair them again, which worked! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: