Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M50 won't power on.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cincinnatijames

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: M50 won't power on. Reply with quote

I picked up a non-functional M50 the other day. I plug it in, green light on psu, tunr on M50, nothing. I've only done a visual inspection so far (multimeter was at my warehouse). From the visual inspection it looks like the previous owner had changed out the DC input on the jack board possibly trying to fix it, as it looked like it had been hand soldered. Of course I will check the PSU first (maybe there's a bad connection in the psu) but what common problems might I look for?

And if necessary does anyone know where I can get a KLM 2890 jack board for the the M50.

Thanks for any help in advance,
James
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the connector look OK on the power lead to the M50. The cable has been known to part company with the plug internally i.e. within the cable. It might be worth grasping the cable close to the plug and pushing the cable towards the plug whilst it's plugged in to the M50 and the power switch is in the "on" position. This may work, provided the previous owner hasn't mangled the connection with their attempt at a repair.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: