Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Terrible quality songs when saved/transferred to USB drive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
UniversalSynergyMusic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Terrible quality songs when saved/transferred to USB drive Reply with quote

I have owned my PA600 for over a year and never really been able to play around with it. So I used the sequencer to record some full songs with backing tracks and they sound great. Saved the files to the KORG drive and good...

Next...

I Plug in the USB driver and save it (automatically converted to midi format) to the USB and tried to play it on the computer and its not good. Its missing most of the sounds and just sounds god awful (maybe like it converted it to generic sounds with no FX or anything on it...)

What did I do wrong? Is it even possible to take the whole SMF I have saved with all of its awesomeness and save it on the USB drive and take it to the computer and press play and hear it... or upload it..

PLEASE HELP!! Thanks!!
Eduardo_Arg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi UniversalSynergyMusic:

There is nothing wrong on your procedure.-
Most SMF players, when they can't find any instrument and specific Korg control ones go to standard midi instrument or better said general midi ones.-
As there is no KORG PA plugins you won't be able to reach the original Korg sounds.-

If you want to reproduce your original sound, you must record a MP3 with a MP3 recorder or an analog one.-

What it's possible to go for better sound, is getting any midi file and change it's original general midi sound to Korg ones that are without any doubdt much better.-

With regards. Eduardo
UniversalSynergyMusic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for responding,

I have another question then.. if I am recording with a MP3 recorder... can I input it directly in to the KORG itself for recording or am I going to have to have it sit near the speaker as a third party device?
tacman7

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MP3 is a possible format.

You could use a tape recorder, or plug it into your computer and use sound recorder or use recording software etc.

You could record the sound it makes with a microphone and some kind of stand alone recorder etc.

Best to plug the outputs of the PA into something that can record the audio signal, or convert it to digital and record it etc.
Eduardo_Arg

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Universal

Recording procedures can be several.-

In my case i use a multitrack Zoom R16 recorder.-
You can connect your kyb directly to Zoom or as in my case from my Behringer x32 mixer.-

In Zoom you can choose several types of format, WAV, Aiff, MP3 (this one whith lost of quality definitions).- If you will edit your sound with f. ex. Adobe audition or similar, save it as WAV (for better and later edition).- In case you choose saving in WAV be sure to get a big SD card with at least 32 gb Class 10.-

The are no secrets, just experiment and then you will find what you need.-

With Regards.
Eduardo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: