Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to successfully Upgrade to OS V2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: How to successfully Upgrade to OS V2 Reply with quote

Theo Benschop wrote:

Here it is where I'm able to download in a analoge wifi from the digital internet with a analoge slow connection in about 8 hours the digital update file

Hi Theo,

i find your posts hard to read and don't really understand them to be honest.

Analog wifi? No one in holland uses the phoneline with old 14k4 byte modems anymore, even a standard 4g mobile phone internet connection is very fast (so you can use your phone hotspot for that). an 8 hours download for that file is very odd in holland.

I think a lot is lost in translation,
would it be a good idea that you sent me a PM (privebericht) so that i can help you in dutch? I probably would better understand the problems you have when you explain them in dutch.

the update procedure is normally a very easy process:
- download the file (check if you need the upd or pgk version as explained in the video)
- copy that file to the usb stick
- insert that usb drive in the front usb connector on your pa4x
- start the pa4x while holding the intro 1 button and do the update

that's all

if your usb sticks is not recognised then it could be formatted in the wrong format or maybe there is software on them that is automatically loaded (some usb sticks are delivered with management software that is in the boot sector of that stick).
Theo Benschop

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: How to successfully Upgrade to OS V2 Reply with quote

This said I have spoken with the very professional technical support of Korg, Mr. Chris Vanlommel.

He said that also a new korg can't recognize a usb-stick that is just formatted with fat something in Windows 10, so the format should be fat32,

and when there are different maps in the update file, it is not necessary to move the extracted files from a map to the root.

This said I watched

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci97vafpMuw

But cmd didn't work at my computer.

This said I pressed at the windows sign the right mouse bottom.

There I choose Windows PowerShell (Admin).

There I typed FORMAT:FAT32 /Q G:

This said I typed there not "FORMAT:FAT32 /Q C:"

The windows 10 computer recognized what I have typed, but unfortunately the windows 10 computer can't do what I have typed,

because I bought a brandnew usb-stick of 32GB, while the maximum size for fat32 is 4 GB.

This said it should be from now on a piece of cake:

I'm prepaired just to throw the usb-stick of 32 GB somewhere in the water.

This said I will just go to a professional computershop where they know what is the best usb-stick of 4 GB one can buy.

After that I will switch my windows 10 computer on.

I will check in a screen the letter of the new usb-stick.

This said I will press on the windows sign the right mouse bottom.

There I will choose Windows PowerShell (Admin).

There I will typ "FORMAT:FAT32 /Q " and there I will type behind this also the letter of the new usb-stick with ":"

However, this letter will not be C.

This said I will be very convinced about the fact that in my case one fine analoge sunny day somewhere in the bright future the update will be as successful as a update can be!

Last edited by Theo Benschop on Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Theo Benschop

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: How to successfully Upgrade to OS V2 Reply with quote

Hi Mr. QuiRobinez,

As you have helped me very much, it can't be true that my post is difficult to read.

I think about posts in general that in the case that a post on the internet is difficult to read, one should't read the post on the internet because it's too difficult to read the post, just already for the simple reason that there are just too many posts on the internet who are maybe too difficult to read, so that one possibly can't read on the internet all those posts that are maybe too difficult to read.

My post have the subject that if I

- a totally newbie on Korg and totally dummie with computers -

had known beforehand what the very professional technical support of Korg is saying, I had of course not bought a usb-stick of 32GB!

With "analoge" wifi I mean that this a place where analoge people can drink for instance analoge coffee, where they are able to listen to music, talk with each other, read a free newspaper, and maybe do some internet!

At that time I was sitting in a analoge wifi that pointed out that it will take 8 hours to download the update file for the excellent Korg Pa4x Oriental, so if you want to do something with the update file, you have to wait 8 hours.

I'm in a sort of "English" modus, because I thought this was mainly an English forum.

Anyway, thanks for your offer for trying to understand the problem that I have in the here and now with the new korg that doesn't recognize a brandnew usb-stick of the Mediamarkt.

This said I have done all the steps you mentioned before.

So maybe it will turn out just fine on a analoge sunny day in the bright future.

In this bright future I will take the time to watch your professional music video's!

So thank you very much again for your clear information for how to succesfully upgrade to OS V2!
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: How to successfully Upgrade to OS V2 Reply with quote

Theo Benschop wrote:

As you have helped me very much, it can't be true that my post is difficult to read.

if you say so.
I still believe that your problems can be solved really easy in dutch, but if you don't want that, that's fine by me.

Theo Benschop wrote:

because I bought a brandnew usb-stick of 32GB, while the maximum size for fat32 is 4 GB.

Actually this is not true, the max drive size of a fat 32 formatted disk is 2 TB
The filesize for fat32 is a maximum of 4 GB, that's a completely different story.

Furthermore, formatting an usb stick under windows 10 is VERY easy:
- just put the stick in your computer
- you will see a drive letter that points to your usb stick in the windows file explorer
-now right click on that letter in the file explorer (be sure that you select the letter from your usb stick (and NOT the C drive, because you will erase everything on your computer in that case)
- select the menu-option FORMAT and select quick format with FAT32 selected below on that window

that's all, there is absolutely no need to use tools like powershell for such easy tasks and buying different kind of usb sticks won't solve your problem in this case.

Much easier is to format your usb stick on the pa4x. To do that:
(from the manual)
- Go to the Media > Format page.
- If formatting an external device, connect the device to one of the USB HOST ports.
- Use the Device pop-up menu to choose the device (so not the DISK device which is your harddisk, but something like USB - [name]).
- Assign a name to the device 1 Use the Volume Label parameter to assign a name to an external device to be formatted.
- Touch the Text Edit ( T ) icon to open the virtual keyboard and edit the name. When done editing the name, confirm by touching the OK button under the virtual keyboard.

- 1. Format the device
- a. Touch the Execute button to start formatting.
- b. Confirm the following warning message(s).

then use that usb stick to copy the correct update file to on your windows device.
Snoopy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: How to successfully Upgrade to OS V2 Reply with quote

Theo Benschop wrote:
...This said I typed there not "FORMAT:FAT32 /Q C:"...

Hi Theo,

let´s assume your drive-letter from the stick is "h".

So the correct command line would be :

format h: /FS:FAT32

I´ve got a 8 and a 32 GB stick working fine with my PA4X;)

toot ziens

PA4X MUSIKANT, OS 3.1.0, PKG-Version
Theo Benschop

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: How to successfully Upgrade to OS V2 Reply with quote

This said I went to the professional shop where I bought the korg.

I said that I can imagine that the very smart people who are working at the Korg company,

so the very smart people who know everything about for instance fat32, usb-sticks, updates and technical things like that,

put all the information all the different korg users ever will need on different usb-sticks that will work in all possible countries in all cases,

and just tell everybody in all different countries on the main website to go to the shop in all different countries in the case that he of she wants an update,

so that it is actually for everybody in the world a piece of cake, so everybody happy, why not!?!

But unfortunately the professional all round music man said that it unfortunately doesn't work that way.

This said I went just with a small headache to the Mediamarkt for the information about which usb-stick of 4GB to buy for a electric piano, so without programs that can damage the piano.

But unfortunately the professional seller of the Mediamarkt said that the Mediamarkt doesn't sell usb-sticks of 4 GB, this already for about 2 years.

This said I went just with a small headache to an "analoge" wifi.

This with the purpose to find at the internet in the results of the very fast searching machine "Google" what I'm in the here and now just with a small headache looking for.

This in order to be very happy in the case that I after this in the wifi just with a small headache will know what the best usb-flash drive is one can buy on the planet earth for the music instrument korg.

This said I came just with a small headache in the wifi at the internetlink

Pa4X Best Saving Format Options and Speed Benchmarks at

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=110706&sid=b7d464486a4aeb0f6ca79955ae2d9951

where I just with a small headache understood that it is after all at first sight possible to use a usb-stick of 32GB, but maybe is this not so.

This said I came after that in the wifi just with a small headache at the rather big headache issue link

Best way to back up work on PA4X at

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/425777/Re_Best_way_to_back_up_work_on

This said it will in the here and now in my case with just a small headache much better that I phone tomorrow mr. Chris Vanlommel of the professional technical support of korg again.

This for making an appointment with him.

This because I'm with just a smal headache very interested in buying a usb-stick from him with the upd files for the update to version 2.0.

This of course just with a small headache in the hope that I'm just with a small headache able to use the usb-stick on the excellent and just perfectly working korg

- albeit that the excellent and just perfectly working korg is just not recognizing the brandnew usb stick.

This said I'm able to put to brandnew usb-stick in the brandnew korg, this in the front site and also in the backside, but unfortunately after this not able to do anything with the usb-stick,

so I can't for instance not format the usb-stick, safe something, load something, just for the simple reason that the korg is just not recognizing the brandnew usb stick -

in the case that I want to safe a setting while I'm using the excellent korg just with a small headache.
Theo Benschop

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: How to successfully Upgrade to OS V2 Reply with quote

Hi Mr. QuiRobinez & Snoopy,

Since it is in wifi’s not anymore allowed to smoke, there was in the here and now with Theo Benschop who just has a small headache a rather huge issue.

This said I went with just a small headache with this rather huge issue to the place outside the wifi where there is for the smokers under the people still a possibility to smoke whatever the smokers want.

In the here and now I can’t say otherwise that I have every step the two of you are mentioning done.

However, this unfortunately until so far with, like the Dutch people say, “nul komma nul” result!?!

This said the both of you in the here and now whatsoever what of course anyway and anyhow thank you very much for your assistance!

Last edited by Theo Benschop on Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Snoopy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Theo,

to be honest :

I think I can read it easier if you write in dutch instead of english...

PA4X MUSIKANT, OS 3.1.0, PKG-Version
Theo Benschop

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject: How to successfully Upgrade to OS V2 Reply with quote

Hi Snoopy,

Het professionele advies

“let´s assume your drive-letter from the stick is "h".

So the correct command line would be :

format h: /FS:FAT32

I´ve got a 8 and a 32 GB stick working fine with my PA4X;)”

heb ik met het oog op een door mij gewenste succesvolle update naar versie 2.0 met slechts een kleine hoofdpijn en dan ook slechts een kleine hoeveelheid asprientjes opgevolgd.

Dit gezegd zijnde, werkte het professionele advies desondanks in mijn geval op een nieuwe, voor het overige zeer excellente korg met een nieuwe usb-stick al dan niet in een wifi helaas niet.

Dit omdat mijn windows 10 computer het een of andere "fat" formaat van de usb-stick WEL herkent, zodat er in een windows 10 scherm duidelijk te zien is dat de gebruiker een usb-stick in een usb-poort heeft gestoken, maar de voor het overige excellente korg om de een of andere reden dus helaas in het hier en nu NIET weet wat met dit digitale kunstje van windows 10 aan te vangen.

Zodat er dan ook helaas tot nu toe NIETS gebeurt als onderhavige nietsvermoedende nieuwe gebruiker slechts met een kleine hoofdpijn en daarom ook maar slechts een kleine hoeveelheid asprientjes in een hier en nu een usb-stick in de usb-poorten van de voor het overige excellente korg steekt.
Theo Benschop

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: How to successfully Upgrade to OS V2 Reply with quote

PS

“Actually this is not true, the max drive size of a fat 32 formatted disk is 2 TB The filesize for fat32 is a maximum of 4 GB, that's a completely different story.”

Ik weet niet of dit een compleet ander verhaal is: Windows 10 gaf vanmiddag na het "formatteer naar fat32” commando de melding: maximum size 4 GB!?!
Theo Benschop

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject: How to successfully Upgrade to OS V2 Reply with quote

PS

At this very moment is it in a business as usual raining in ze Netherlands where many people are in the here and now of these days living under sealevel, but the excellent Korg is with all kinds of styles, songs, sounds and sequencers still working perfectly!

(albeit of course without a usb-stick in the old "UPD" version 1.2.4 ORT, and is it of course better not to try to open the port of the microSC card, and has the excellent korg not a bottom for internet, what the also excellent Yamaha CVP 409 has, so that everybody after just a push on a bottom can send his or her Music direct in a live stream to every desired place in the world up and under sealevel, but nevertheless!)

(albeit that the internet bottom on my Yamaha doesn’t work for one or the other reason nobody wants to know)

(albeit that everybody would probably be very nervous in the case that this bottom is in a here and now working!)

This said am I in the here and now of course interested in what will actually in the long run in digital sense happen in the analoge case that one starts thinking at home of using the USB ports of the excellent korg to connect his or her Pa4X to a digital windows 10 and/or mac personal computer (DEVICE)!?!
Theo Benschop

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: How to successfully Upgrade to OS V2 Reply with quote

A message from the professional dealer and Korg in The Netherlands.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY ONCE:

DO IN THE UPDATINGPROCES FOR A SUCCESSFULLY UPGRADE AS MR. CHRIS VANLOMMEL HAS SAID ABOUT FAT32.

This said, for any question and further information for successfully upgrades in the future in The Netherlands about the updatingproces with fat32, please call Mr. Chris Vanlommel.

However, although you shouldn't hesitate to call Mr. Chris Vanlommel with questions and further information about the updatingsproces with fat32 for a successfully upgrade, please dont't call him for a successfully upgrade at one time.

Before you call Mr. Chris Vanlommel for questions and further information about the updatingsproces with fat32 for a successfully upgrade and/or update, please check at the internet

http://www.korg.com/nl/support/contact/

Contact opnemen met hem geschied via Voerman Amersfoort B.V., importeur van KORG voor de Benelux.

Toelichting m.b.t. productondersteuning, garantie en reparatie van KORG-producten: Alle productondersteuning en garantiedekking wordt verleend door de KORG-distributeur van het land waarin uw product werd aangeschaft. Producten die werden aangeschaft via niet-officiële handelaars of die werden gekocht buiten de regio van uw plaatselijke distribiteur voldoen mogelijkerwijs niet aan de lokale specificaties en vallen niet onder de garantie van de plaatselijke distributeur. Wanneer u zich niet bevindt in het land waar het product werd aangeschaft en u heeft ter plaatse reparatie nodig, neem dan voor servicevragen contact op met de dealer die het product aan u heeft verkocht. Uw dealer is te allen tijde uw primaire aanspreekpunt m.b.t. vragen rondom uw aankoop. Houd er rekening mee dat wanneer u service onder garantie nodig heeft, u deze altijd moet afnemen in het land waar het product werd aangeschaft, zelfs wanneer dit de betaling van kosten voor het transport naar dat land met zich meebrengt. Neem in die gevallen contact op met de dealer die het product oorspronkelijk aan u heeft verkocht om de noodzakelijke maatregelen te nemen. Voor een complete lijst met internationale KORG-distributeurs.

KORG productondersteuning

Wij streven ernaar onze gebruikers te helpen optimaal van hun KORG-producten te genieten. Wij bieden technische ondersteuning via e-mail en telefoon voor KORG-producten die via een van onze geautoriseerde dealers zijn aangeschaft in Nederland, België en Luxemburg.

Voerman Amersfoort B.V.
Vanadiumweg 17, 3812 PX Amersfoort

TEL : +31 33 461 29 08
FAX : +31 33 461 64 41
MAIL+ : info@voerman.nl

KORG-onderdelen

In het geval u reserveonderdelen van ons wilt betrekken, stuur uw verzoek hier naartoe:

Voerman Amersfoort B.V.
Vanadiumweg 17, 3812 PX Amersfoort

TEL : +31 33 461 29 08
FAX : +31 33 461 64 41
MAIL+ : info@voerman.nl
Theo Benschop

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: How to successfully Upgrade to OS V2 Reply with quote

PS

For information about usb flashdrives and/or usb-sticks with the size of 4 GB:

please contact your local professional computershop, so like

MEGA1 Computers
Badhuisstraat 81
2584 HE Den Haag

For further information on the intermet, please check

http://www.mega1.nl/
Theo Benschop

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: How to successfully Upgrade to OS V2 Reply with quote

PS

However, for sucessful fat32 updates and/or upgrades in the future is the Korg company just asking the different customers in all different countries who are enjoying the excellency of the excellent Korg musical instruments,

who are maybe every Friday trying to play "Thank God it's Friday",

if they would be so kind to do this also in the weekends.
fResH_
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:26 am    Post subject: Help Reply with quote

Hello,

Does anyone have the PKG files? I downloaded them from Korgs download page. But it does not work when unrar/unzip. Can someone help me?
Download link: https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/software/0/516/3610/

One of the files (Pa4X_OS_and_Resources_v200.XXX.001) I unpacked with winrar gives me wrong filename and size. (see picture below)

Pa4X_OS_and_Resources_v200.XXX.001 <<< This file is unraring another file called "Pa4X_OS_and_Resources_v200.pkg". Se picture attachment. By the way see the size of it 2.5GB
Pa4X_OS_and_Resources_v200.XXX.002
Pa4X_OS_and_Resources_v200.XXX.003
Pa4X_OS_and_Resources_v200.XXX.004
Pa4X_OS_and_Resources_v200.XXX.005

Picture: https://photos.app.goo.gl/4EZjvSd4aRoNo2ie8

"Its not how good you are, its the impression you leave behind."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: