Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is it possible to play an aux signal through

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Weirdiac

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Is it possible to play an aux signal through Reply with quote

Hello. I might be real new at this, but I recently bought myself a real old Korg BX-3 and I ain't really there yet sound wise. I wanted to complete my setup with a rhodes and the SV-1 caught my attention, and here is where my knowledge comes to an end.

You see I want to make the organ sound a bit more screamy and the SV-1 happens to have a tube amp overdrive as far as I know, but will I be able to play the BX-3 through the SV-1 tube and overdrive the signal?
Weirdiac

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I not clear enough, or does no one know if it works? My Bx-3 does not have midi btw.
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Yes your question is clear enough. Maybe not too many users here trying the same thing out.
I don't own an SV1, I had a look at the manual, it is not clear from it. But I doubt it. The audio inputs are according to me just used to forward them to the audio outputs (mixed with the sound of the SV1 itself).

Btw, MIDI as such is not important for what you want to achieve.
Maybe look for an overdrive effect box?

Have fun
Weirdiac

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply. I was assuming the case would be as you say, but I want a definite answer before I go into any purchase.

I'm currently considering buying a Hx3 module and build it into the Korg Bx-3, it will give me more parameters to manipulate and a very very convincing hammond sound (from what I've heard from others). Either that or buy a SV-1 and crank the old Bx-3 through the tube.

Money will not suffice for both purchases at the moment, and a overdrive effect box might just not do the trick in my book, maybe a neo ventilator but I don't know. I would need to try it on my Bx-3 to see how they react to each other first.

And another question that popped into my head just recently about the tube in the SV-1, but I guess I'll have to start another thread for that inquiry.
CowboyNQ

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: Is it possible to play an aux signal through Reply with quote

Weirdiac wrote:
I want to make the organ sound a bit more screamy and the SV-1 happens to have a tube amp overdrive as far as I know, but will I be able to play the BX-3 through the SV-1 tube and overdrive the signal?

The short answer is no. If you go via the SV-1 inputs, the sound of your BX-3 will go straight to the SV-1 output without running through the effects chain.
Weirdiac

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Case closed, much obliged!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: