Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Here - Hi !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BboiSera

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: New Here - Hi ! Reply with quote

Hi Guys Smile

Signed up and hoping to pick a few brains here.

I bought a Kontrol49 for the TR Rack, trouble is (and yes i have read both manuals), I can't seem to assign the sliders, dials or joystick to anything on the rack. The mod/pitch wheels work, as does the octave shifting, but that's about it.

Any thoughts ? starting to pull ma hair out here (and there's not much left anyway lol)

Looking to assign things like change base waveform, tremolo, pan, resonance, vibrato, ADSR, pads to do the orch stabs & sweeps, you get the idea. I'm using regular midi cables, nothing special.

Hope someone can help out. Cheers.

::[ SYNTH LAYERING FTW ]::
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kontrol49 Editor software (PC and Mac versions downloadable from the Korg website) allows specific Control Change messages to be assigned to each of the encoders, sliders, pads, vector joystick, and pedals. Refer to the TR-Rack User's Guide section 9, MIDI Applications when making the assignments.

Up to 12 different assignment patterns, or "Scenes" can be saved to the Kontrol49.

BboiSera

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah-haa... enter the perils of buying 2nd user from ebay who only send you the keyboard and don't tell you squat about any bundled cd rom or controlling software.

Many thanks Voip, a step in the right direction for sure. Fingers crossed then Smile

voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kontrol49 is an extremely versatile MIDI keyboard/controller, and comes preloaded with scenes for Ableton Live, Korg Legacy Collection, Cubase, Digital Performer, Logic, Reason, impOSCar, and a couple of others.

It's worth downloading the user manual and the other files for the Kontrol49 from the Korg website.

It's very much a case of buyer beware when shopping on eBay, especially recently, when the honesty of descriptions seems to be deteriorating. Also, one should only expect to receive items which the seller details in the description.

BboiSera

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh for sure... not using it with a daw yet tho, just the tr rack, and I plan to layer on a roland module, and the use the djx2 as the last in the chain. I so almost talked myself into getting a JD-XI, but then I saw the casio xwp1, which, drawbar organ aside, blew my mind.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: