Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG DS-DAC-100 Distortion Problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
snert68

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: KORG DS-DAC-100 Distortion Problem Reply with quote

I bought the Korg DS-DAC-100 (the curvy one) to improve the sound quality of my laptop playback of mp3s and the occasional FLAC. My intention was to perform all playback exclusively with Media Monkey. I realize the purpose of this DAC is to provide 1- and 2-bit playback via the Korg proprietary Audiogate interface, but I had read in online reviews that it would also provide standard DAC performance with any media playback (44.1, standard PCM, good old-fashioned 160k mp3, YouTube videos, etc - specifically un-fancy non-audiophile stuff). And it has. My mp3's sound magnificent.

That is until the distortion kicks in. Without fail, after a few minutes (and sometimes even as much as a few hours) of playback the audio becomes heavily distorted. It slows down slightly with a significant rhythmic clipping that sounds like a damaged speaker cone. The distortion continues until I break the connection with the DAC by physically pulling the USB cable out of the input, and it plays fine again upon re-plugging the USB. It also stops if I close Media Monkey and reopen it completely. But eventually the distortion always returns.

I have tried a number of solutions, including reinstalling the drivers, using a different playback program (iTunes), switching between USB ports on the laptop, removing all other audio drivers present on the computer (I had used a Focusrite Scarlet for a few days with zero issues).

Any idea what could be causing this?
SteveLukather

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having exactly the same issue. Did you find any solution?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: