Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yamaha Genos ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wma wrote:
D575 wrote:
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/21743530_10154664284766879_2578824738223166933_o.jpg?oh=20ed5f3bbc4ee48385ee7fbdf62e12cc&oe=5A1B59FD

very interesting and it would sound the best, however it's very huge and let me guess - 5000$-6000$? wait for pa5x instead lol
it looks like they used joystick instead of wheals - joystick for performing and soloing is more fun and better
Depending on how well Genos performs and that will come down to personal preference, then i am quite sure the PA5x (names is a assumption) will know doubt stand it's ground and korg will deliver as ever... so judging very loosely with out knowing the tec and operational dynamics inside... and only from the image...are we seeing the next evolutionary change in this market? ......

Last edited by D575 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
wma

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mostly mentioning about the sound .. often it's like an answer for it's competitor korg and the korg after two years will give an answer, for that i assume it would sound the best for now , but not a matter Smile
Mr_SamDoogie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious about the reveal dates normally the first one counts but Yamaha has put three reveal dates 15, 22 and 29 september. These dates are far apart for just one new keyboard its a bit odd so I'm wondering what more there is to it.

Korg MW1, Casio PX5S & XW-G1, Roland JD-Xi,Yamaha Montage 7, Roland D-05, Bass Station II, Cubase Elements, Sonar X3 Producer.Handfull of IOs Apps iMPC,Animoog : Korg IMS-20,Module, IM1, Gadget etc.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be interesting to see if they have adopted the "Pure Analog Circuit" from the montage with the Genos as this is one of the aspect of montage that has impressed me from Yamaha.....

Quote: "MONTAGE features professional balanced outputs with Pure Analog Circuit (PAC). PAC improves the quality of signal after being converted to analog from digital for clear harmonic reproduction and even frequency response. The result is an output capable of reproducing MONTAGEs internal content expressively with power and clarity"...........and they are not kidding there.
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that it is good for all of us as consumers to have both Roland and Yamaha coming out with new instruments. Competition brings out the best in competitors and Korg has really had no competition for the last several years of any real consequence. That would be in both the workstation and professional arranger areas. Genos may even establish a real advantage if it blurs the differentiation between workstation and professional arranger. IMHO

Let us hope the pricetag is not a complete money grab. Shocked

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Genos may even establish a real advantage if it blurs the differentiation between workstation and professional arranger. IMHO

Agree - may reset the bar
Quote:
Let us hope the pricetag is not a complete money grab.

That is the major concern with Yamaha - the "traded-in" Tyros 4's are still being advertised for nearly Aus$4,000 through retailers here.
But I have almost zero confidence that the Genos will be sensibly priced....

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
wma

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in few hours roland will announce 5 items under piano category, i think among these there would be a cheaper stage piano derived from the rd2000 with a new key-action maybe 'not a flagship' the successor of rd300nx
wma

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.roland.com/us/products/fp-60/
ozdaniel(AD)
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new video that looks like Yamaha Genos is involved !!!
It's too early to say so, I remain reserved, especially because I know Yamaha very well as I think about UTILITY! The price seems to be 5000 Euro, that is, the price at a KORG Kronos2 + Pa1000 !!!
PS: It is extremely hard for another brand to beat KORG and I hope the new Genos is not a deadly "genius" because Yamaha risks self-destruction!
SOURCE; https://www.yamaha.com/genos/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=jHdbmEGyyNg
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, with the second clip is Yamaha trying to make it clear that the Genos is a good tool for professional music productions and that it has the Berlin Orchestra instruments/phrases onboard?
They might as well have skipped the second teaser since it looks more like an artist promotion clip.

With all the build up of the teaser campaign I fear that the marketing department is creating expectations which Yamaha cannot live up to...
And if the price is indeed close to 5000, then take a good look at what you can do with KORG's top workstation in the 3000-4000 price range.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sandsoftwaresound.net/genos-teaser-video-2/ in general interesting if nothing else....
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the two leaked photos that are doing the rounds it would appear to have a plastic casing NOT metal .....but I guess we should not judge a book by its cover just yet and the devil is in the deital....will the media campaign be bigger than the event???? Time will tell...and still very happy and in love with my PA4X.... (don't tell the girl friend)
billysynth1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish these synth, workstation manufacturers made their products with a shear alluminium finish along with alluminium knobs and sliders. Would it add that much more to the price?

Plastic, is so...inferior. it's like a little three year old's toy made of plastic.

Make it a bit classey and add Gorilla Glass to the top Laughing

That should put them up there with Apple and Samsung

Billy
I am a student of classical piano...I am not a classical pianist.
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy, plastic is our generation's material of choice I am afraid. These days, many cars are even made of the stuff. That being said, I agree with you!

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
constharper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitecrawler wrote:
Billy, plastic is our generation's material of choice I am afraid. These days, many cars are even made of the stuff. That being said, I agree with you!

It's not a problem. Plastic can be different... ))
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: