Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

pa1000 -3x

View previous topic :: View next topic  
al urezzio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: pa1000 -3x Reply with quote

i am presently a pa3x owner ...im sure there will be a zillion question about this pa1000 ,just like when the 3x came with in comparison to the 900 .. i am in need of a second keyboard for a bunch of different reasons ..cant afford a 4x . looking into used 3x & now the 1000 pops up ...i was an owner of the 800 ,which i had for 12 yrs , loved it but needed to upgrade & went with the 3x ..so yes i have a few questions ...where is this keyboard made ITALY or China ??? the price is telling me china ..also looking at the back panel ,no Ec pedal input , no low impedance mic input ,correct ??? i tried to look on the Korg site but they don't show the whole back panel ...is it a different setup for vocals too ... is this keyboard compatible with the 3x ?? can i write styles on the 1000 and transfer to the 3x or 3x to 1000 ?? i was one of those that went for the 3x instead of the 900 ... .. as always any help is appreciated ....
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Al

I don't think it will be too long before we can get a full PA1000 manual - that will answer most of your questions.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PA700 and PA1000 manuals are already available on the Korg website (see Support).

http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/0/758/

and

http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/0/756/

Personally, I never considered PA900 a worthy upgrade from PA800.
But PA1000 seems to be a perfectly worthy upgrade from PA800 (and PA900).

From PA3X it's a good upgrade to keep up with modern Korg technology and style compatibilty for a 'reasonable' price.
But (I) don't expect PA1000 to have the same built quality as flagships PA3X or PA4X (housing, keys etcetera).
The price tag does mean something of course.

Play in style. Wink
al urezzio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: 3x -1000 Reply with quote

thank you for all the answers ... my problem is ,trying to decide to get a 2nd keyboard .. I am playing 4 or 5 times a week at assisted living facilities ,,sometimes 2 a day ..since they are only 1 hr sets , i have plenty of energy to work in my studio at night ...problem being , unpacking my car & carrying the 3x up 2 flights of stairs to my studio , then of course down again lol .. many years ago i has a pa800 & bought a second one , but sold them both to cover the cost of the 3x ... was looking at used 3x than the 1000 pops up .. great price .but want i am really learning to , age my age , 67 & counting ,not sure how long i will be able to move my equipment around ,( i will continue to play till they throw the dirt on my face ) so i'm really thinking just suffer for however long ,when I'm done , than purchase the latest great Korg , the pa 6x lol ..seriously , thank you for this wonderful website & my thanks go out to so many generous people who so freely give their advice ... in has help me greatly through the yrs . thanks to all.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering of your mentioned parameters and the fact that you probably use mostly factory resources
then your first upgrade choice is Pa4X 61 keybed (without PaS) and the second more economic option is
Pa1000 if you can afford the missing Fill buttons (great lack for performing Pa users).
Pa1000 is a newer keyboard with far better factory resources than Pa3X and higher resale ability when
you decide later to upgrade to Pa5X !

Flagships aluminum cases are manufactured in Europe , Korg Pa do not manufacture electronics so
I don't have to mention that all internal hardware are made from cheap manufacturers ...
the same is valid for non metal hosting cases and I think that assembling country is not significant !

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Ritchie_Blackmore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X series and Pa80, 60, 800 Made in Italy all others Made in China! So keep your Pa3x if it's 76 keys that is best! Here is some videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7RMkIN_Ks8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtVyy1vaJTU Smile
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those silly videos from ignorants always made me laugh ! Brick wall
The fact that Korg orders manufacturer to write on board electronic components "made in Italy" , won't change the fact
that all PCBs & components were made in China/Hong-Kong & Taiwan , since KorgPa do not manufacture electronic
components , that's crystal clear , and also the fact that metal cases are manufactured in Europe , is because they're
cheaper compared to shipping from China concerning their weight !
If Korg or any company will pay more and request high quality components from third paty PCB manufacturer then
it will be done , so focus on essentials and forget all other details that you're not aware of ...

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Ritchie_Blackmore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep funny videos to see what is inside the keyboard! Till the 2000year all KORG keyboards were Made in Japan, for example I had a KORG i3 for 2 years, the upgrade of i3 - i30 Made in Japan too, so first arranger from PA series Made in Italy was PA 80... and so on! Regards Nick Very Happy
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You still don't get it !
Anyway believe anything you wish ... Wink

siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Made in China Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
.. videos from ignorants always made me laugh ...

Me too - Products from China are considered cheap and inferior, but that is not true, because Chinese companies also rely on quality and want to establish themselves as a top label worldwide.
"Made in China - this is cheap, quite clear, poorly processed and does not exceed the first wash"- such ignorant claims insiders can no longer hear about Chinese products that are supposedly not in harmony with international standards - especially if Western companies are manufacturing their products in China.

Maybe it is sometimes crap from China, but often sometimes is crap from USA or Europe (without beeing cheap).

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a global rule about commerce everywhere (except if you're a totally ignorant ) : You always get what you've paid for ...
China provides the worst and the most advanced gear simultaneously , so it's up to you of what to order or hire them in order to manufacture !

I'm in electronics business for 20 years in the most advanced and highly paid section , "medical center's electronic gear" and the cheapest's
device selling price is over 30K $ !
Therefore I'll mention an example for all of you to understand how cheap & expensive are determined in electronic equipments ...

Let's say that I'm "KorgZX" that do not manufacture PCB and electronics , (I'm mainly programming and just assemble keyboards) and I
need a PSU for my new designed arranger that provides 15 V DC for the PCBs , so I have the following options according to cost that a
China or any manufacturer provides :
1) A somehow cheap ready to deliver PSU that seem to works sufficiently , after sampling order , cost = 20$/unit
2) The same unit but sealed with my brand name on case and some components (then consumer will be proud for his "made in Any-Land" keyboard !)
cost = 35$/unit
3) A specific electronic design of my own that they will just create PCBs and assemble components in specific PCB/box dimensions , where they
will use component values but not the genuine brands , cost = 60$/unit for 1000 pcs
China/Taiwan manufacturers will be my first option , else cost will be doubled (for exactly the same job) !
4) Parameters of 3) plus the preselection of every component of my design , for instance , controller IC type must be genuine Texas Instruments
SM V-moss FETs genuine International Rectifier , resistors will have tolerance 1%/NPO , MKT Metallized Polyester Film capacitors etc ,
cost = 100$/unit for 1000 pcs.
Then extensive benchmark in my lab will follow with the first sample boards before final ordering !

4th category that I work , is for very expensive gear where lifespan , torerance and precision are definitely required !
According to above .. when you want to drop market prices then options are mostly 1 & 2
Now consider the same procedure for every single part/PCB/keybed/screen of this device !

I believe that all of you got the picture here !!!

Fred x

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is any help I have a comparison table showing the differences between the Pa4X and the PA1000

Link below

Fred

https://app.box.com/s/s146vcj6chyogxbriu4qajplnt10jp58
adimatis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Fred, there is one or two mistakes in there though. But small. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: