Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Magazine
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Korg Magazine Reply with quote

News hot off the press from keysounds in the UK (Thanks Steve great customer service as ever) korg's new magazine https://korgworld.co.uk
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is OSIMO ?
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mintjamman wrote:
What is OSIMO ?

I quote

What is OSIMO..

And who would install this witouth exactly knowing what it is?

No real explanation on the website..
Just that its free
And that it adds stuff to your songbook
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like they want you to subscribe first!

karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definitely giving it a miss.

Why do they need my address???
What is really odd is that there is no information about the magazine either - just reviews?????

I am wary of it.....
Think carefully before sending them your e-mail and address - you have to "purchase it for free".

Pete Very Happy

Edit 1: have found out that it has 3 banks of STYLES, SONGBOOK, KEYBOARD SETS, and GLOBAL - nothing else, so potentially safe but load it at your own risk
If I find out more, I'll let you know.

EDIT 2: There's nothing new except the SONGBOOK which allegedly has "real" song names so the only thing I would want to see is a comment that my details are kept confidential otherwise I'm not subscribing!!!
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phone or mail KORG UK and ask them for further information as they are the authors of this new magazine as I understand.. my dealer mentioned this during a conversation and i thought it may (or may not) be of interest to some users out there as this new publication from korg picks up speed with future publication....apologies if this has created some negativity in the house and im sure KORG UK would answer any questions or conserns you may have ...

Last edited by D575 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@D575
Seriously no apologies necessary here - thanks for the info - I was just concerned that it was free and yet they want your home address with your e-mail???
--------------------------------------
Anyhow, I have since found out that it is a SONGBOOK with all entries renamed with proper song names and artists etc (very nice!!)
Why couldn't Korg do that? The Korg Liverpool is full of "real" song names.... after all the SONGBOOK names are still only "suggestions".

This SET relies on there being the original V2 factory styles and the new V2 USER styles (or bonus styles vol 27) placed in Favorites 1,2,&3

I just don't get why it is set up so secretively - I'm personally happy to give them my e-mail but not my home address unless I am getting a free Korg delivered Wink
Would like to have more details about the magazine.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Pete all I know at the moment is this is new and a work in progress so hopfuly some nice new style, pads etc may come with later publications...it has become clear this is early days but maybe this could grow into a worthy comprehensive publication in the future for the community... time will tell i will endeavour to find out more and report back...all the best Smile
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
Not quite sure what this is all about. Probably something to do with Korg U.K.
Just wanted to let you all know that anything that Keysounds Leicester U.K. is involved in is totally above board and legitimate. that's a definite.
Keysounds are the largest retailers of Korg arrangers in the U.K. they are made up of Steve (the owner) and Nigel who both work tirelessly to promote Korg products (although they do sell other manufacturer's goods).
I purchased my PA4X from them and I believe a couple of other Forum members have also purchased from them.
I have known Nigel for around twenty years, as he is the guy who attends all the Keyboard festivals and runs up a stand (normally in conjuntion with Korg U.K). He is currently at Seacroft Norfolk at a week long festival showing the new PA1000 and PA700.
Chris
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelsea4023 wrote:
Hi Guys,
Not quite sure what this is all about. Probably something to do with Korg U.K.
Just wanted to let you all know that anything that Keysounds Leicester U.K. is involved in is totally above board and legitimate. that's a definite.
Keysounds are the largest retailers of Korg arrangers in the U.K. they are made up of Steve (the owner) and Nigel who both work tirelessly to promote Korg products (although they do sell other manufacturer's goods).
I purchased my PA4X from them and I believe a couple of other Forum members have also purchased from them.
I have known Nigel for around twenty years, as he is the guy who attends all the Keyboard festivals and runs up a stand (normally in conjuntion with Korg U.K). He is currently at Seacroft Norfolk at a week long festival showing the new PA1000 and PA700.
Chris
+1
usaraiya

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Osimo set is nothing but a new song book with all the cryptic song names replaced with real ones! It does not overwrite anything else. Very helpful.

They need the home address to mail the Korg magazine if one subscribes to it. They also immediately send you a pdf file to read before the snail mail edition comes to your door.

It's all legit & on the up & up, so no worries!

Very Happy

Uday
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the clarification.
They should have made the "free" software a bonus when purchasing the magazine.
Just very confusing marketing.

Very Happy
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

usaraiya wrote:
It does not overwrite anything else.

It is a good SONGBOOK but if you decide to get it be aware that it WILL overwrite your GLOBAL, KEYBOARD sets and FAVORITES STYLE BANKS 1-3
Best be careful. The SONGBOOK NEEDS the FAVORITES in place and factory STYLES as per OS V2

Pete Very Happy
Stilli

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
usaraiya wrote:
It does not overwrite anything else.

It is a good SONGBOOK but if you decide to get it be aware that it WILL overwrite your GLOBAL, KEYBOARD sets and FAVORITES STYLE BANKS 1-3
Best be careful. The SONGBOOK NEEDS the FAVORITES in place and factory STYLES as per OS V2

Pete Very Happy

There is an option to install the set as 'DIRECT' which will work alongside your existing setup but you will not get the benefit of the extra Setlists that are included in the OSIMO package. It is all explained in the installation instructions and a full description of the package is included in the first edition of the magazine.
I installed the full package which overwrites the Factory settings because I haven't yet added any of my own settings to the system but this is not a problem even if you have, just backup your settings before installing OSIMO and add them back afterwards in appropriate locations.

It's something for Free from Korg UK and it's very useful.
Korg PA4X, Kawai MPIISE, Ketron SD4, Roland Integra 7, Motu Midi Express XT, Motu Audio Express, Cubase 9.5 Pro, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate (Collectors), Omnisphere, TC-Helicon Voicelive 3, Bose L1m2 (x2) + B2 (x2)
usaraiya

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx Pete for that clarification!

Uday
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: