Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

An Annoying Vibrato like looping is spoiling the Portamento

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AjitVGupta

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:19 am    Post subject: An Annoying Vibrato like looping is spoiling the Portamento Reply with quote

Hi

I will Explain to the best of possible.
Please listen to this
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVvWlSOz7L0[/url]

at 0:36 there is an amazing violin that he plays.

I was trying to get the same violin voice out of my PA900
Mode : Sound Edit
Choose an empty slot .. Loaded the inbuilt ROM sound 350 Violin1 Classic
From the main page turned on Mono and Legato
From the Menu - Pitch Enabled Portamento and Fingered and cranked up the value to 30(the value doesnt matter)

The problem is that say .. I press 'C3' and then Press the 'G3' .. there is something in the sound that kinds of "speeds" up
Some vibrato kind of effect.
Question :- How do I get a flat violin effect like in the above video ?

Also I notice that this is present in 90% of the Korg sounds like Flute etc

So is there a Global parameter that I can turn off or something that I will have to live with ?
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: Annoying Vibrato in Multisamples Reply with quote

AjitVGupta wrote:
.. Loaded the inbuilt ROM sound 350 Violin1 Classic
.... The problem is ... Some vibrato kind of effect.
Also I notice that this is present in 90% of the Korg sounds like Flute etc
So is there a Global parameter that I can turn off or something that I will have to live with ?

That is no global parameter, but samples used in multisamples often are recorded with effects like vibrato.
350 is a multisample, composed of several samples. If any of that used samples was recorded with vibrato you can not eliminate this in the soundeditor. so you have to create your own multisample with samples which meet your requirements without this vibratos.
If you think your vibrato is generated by any parameter of the soundeditor, best way is to initiate a new sound in soundmode and only use one oscillator for your multisample - now play it to listen, how that multisample will sound. If again you hear unpopular effects you probably only will achieve your desired sound experience with other material of samples used for a multisample.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
AjitVGupta

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject: Thank you for the response Reply with quote

Thank you for the response.
Yes sadly I figured it out when I chose the Empty slot that has the Piano sound and then choosing the violin sample.
I got a straight multi sample Violin (GN 361)

Now I ran into a bigger problem while using portamento
I enable Portamento and time say 41
Say I am on 'G' and I press another key say 'C'
The portamento calculates the distance n transitions smoothly towards 'C'

However the issue is that pressing 'C' alone has a slightly different waveform of that multi sample
So
I press 'G' and then 'portamento'ed' it to 'C' and then press 'C' again, it looks like a different sound altogether.

Question :
Is there any parameter that would enable Portamento to successfully kind of 'morph' to the new waveform that is stored in the 'other key' ?

If the question isn't clear, I would create a video to explain this more.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: sample sounds within a multisample Reply with quote

AjitVGupta wrote:
.. I press 'G' and then 'portamento'ed' it to 'C' and then press 'C' again, it looks like a different sound altogether.
Question : Is there any parameter that would enable Portamento to successfully kind of 'morph' to the new waveform that is stored in the 'other key' ?

No, because portamento parameters (enabled, fingered and time) are settings specified for each oscillator, affecting all waves of multisamples (oscMultisample high/low) assigned to one oscillator.

If sound of key "G" looks like a different sound of key "C" maybe there another sample is assigned to keyboard zones of multisamples used in same oscillator.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: