Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roland Integra-7 App Editor & iOS 11 ....???
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject: Roland Integra-7 App Editor & iOS 11 ....??? Reply with quote

Due to the size of the community here I thought this will produce a quick answer....just updated iPad to iOS 11 and the Roland Integra-7 App Editor has not been updated by Roland to be compatible with iOS 11 would anyone here have information regarding Roland's status with this oversight ?............... thanks in advanced.....
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Roland Integra-7 App Editor & iOS 11 ....??? Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
Due to the size of the community here I thought this will produce a quick answer....just updated iPad to iOS 11 and the Roland Integra-7 App Editor has not been updated by Roland to be compatible with iOS 11 would anyone here have information regarding Roland's status with this oversight ?............... thanks in advanced.....

Its a 32 bit app, ios is 64 bit only

Roland is notoriously for not upgrading their support software..
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear....i wonder what will happen now .... looks like a phone call in the morning ...thanks Bachus very helpful .
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ran into this problem today too. If I had of known, I would have never upgraded my iPad.

I'm going see about downgrading now because I don't expect Roland care too much given that devs have had access to the Beta iOS 11 for months and they never prepared for this.

Regards
Sharp.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi sharp my thoughts as well... b#@*#y car crash this is for me could you let me know how we go back would be very helpful thank you ....
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://ios.gadgethacks.com/how-to/downgrade-ios-11-back-ios-10-3-3-your-iphone-0178028/
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that will do the trick. I'm downgrading in the morning for sure.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also is to buy a cheap used Ipad 2 and use it as a dedicated device for the Integra 7..

This allows you to upgrade your ipad to the latest versiona nd run all the latest software on it

In Holland you can find used ipad 2's for like 100 euro.
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: Roland Integra-7 App Editor & iOS 11 ....??? Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
D575 wrote:

Also Apple is notorious for doing "silly" things!

iOS 10 is also 64 bits but allows running of 32 bit apps, apple have "disabled" this in iOS 11.

So Roland could just build a universal app that supports both 32 and 64 bits. The main problem with this is that if they use the most recent Apple development tools then the App will not automatically scale to the iPad Pro 10.5" and 12.9" so they would need to change the app to support these higher resolutions.

Also the Apple development tools no longer support iOS 5 and iOS6 so they would loose support of those versions. I'm not sure if the new apple store allows "older" versions to be installed if they updated it.

A way around this used to be to use an older version of SDK with an older set of development tools (version 7) in order to build a universal app without these problems but I am pretty sure that Apple have stopped the ability to release apps built with an older SDK that also support 5 and 6.

So unfortunately Apple don't make it easy and as you say Roland don't like updating things at the best of times!

The Integra 7 app doesn't even appear in the iOS 11 app store anymore.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Owning one iPad is bad enough, I certainly wouldn't like to own a second one. I don't find apple iOS products any good at all compaired to Android. Apple also treats their users like Apple still owns the product you bought from them. On Android I can do what I wan't, not what Apple only allows me to do. For me, it's a necessary evil to own an iPad as I need to use 4 apps that are not on android.

One of which now doesn't work since they dropped 32bit support, so now it's time to downgrade because there's no point in waiting for Roland.

Cheers
Sharp.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downgrade went very smooth. I'm back up and running. Sweet..!!!
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Roland Integra-7 App Editor & iOS 11 ....??? Reply with quote

BobTheDog wrote:
Bachus wrote:
D575 wrote:

Also Apple is notorious for doing "silly" things!

iOS 10 is also 64 bits but allows running of 32 bit apps, apple have "disabled" this in iOS 11.

So Roland could just build a universal app that supports both 32 and 64 bits. The main problem with this is that if they use the most recent Apple development tools then the App will not automatically scale to the iPad Pro 10.5" and 12.9" so they would need to change the app to support these higher resolutions.

Also the Apple development tools no longer support iOS 5 and iOS6 so they would loose support of those versions. I'm not sure if the new apple store allows "older" versions to be installed if they updated it.

A way around this used to be to use an older version of SDK with an older set of development tools (version 7) in order to build a universal app without these problems but I am pretty sure that Apple have stopped the ability to release apps built with an older SDK that also support 5 and 6.

So unfortunately Apple don't make it easy and as you say Roland don't like updating things at the best of times!

The Integra 7 app doesn't even appear in the iOS 11 app store anymore.

Thats the cost of progression and keeping things small and tidy inside an OS..

Wish Windows would have done this two decades ago...

Backward compatibility is not high on apples list because they want maximum performance and progression..

There is a reason the new iphone in many tests is faster then an intel i7 laptop. This is one of them.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can also confirm downgrade has worked ... where were Roland on this one ??....thanks for the imput every one hope this thread can help others and now I can relax and carry one on with the work in hand .
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update....after getting intouch with Roland they responded as followed .... (Quote): Roland Japan are currently working on new versions of all our Roland Apps for iOS11 compatibility and should be ready within a few weeks for the time being you could use the OSX/Windows editor to achieve the same results.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
Update....after getting intouch with Roland they responded as followed .... (Quote): Roland Japan are currently working on new versions of all our Roland Apps for iOS11 compatibility and should be ready within a few weeks for the time being you could use the OSX/Windows editor to achieve the same results.

Thats good to know...

Still stays a sad thing that they weren't ready in time for release...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: