Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pad Chord memory problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yannickverhelst

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Pad Chord memory problems Reply with quote

Hello, I have a Korg Kronos LS (v 3.1.2) in combination with Nano Pad 2.
I have a problem with the chord memory: when I setup a chords pattern in the Pad-menu for a Combi of Program, the pattern changes the chords for all other programs and combi's on my machine. It's some sort of global setting. I want for each other program or combi other settings in the chord-menu. Is there some global setting wrong? is there a bug in the software? Anyone had this problem?
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you set the chords, are you doing it from the Nano Pad, or in the Kronos? I have been setting the chords in the Pad Setup screen on the Kronos, and it seems to only change the program, Combi, or sequence i'm working on.
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like an issue with the NanoPad.

Disconnect the NanoPad, and then create new chord patterns for various combis. They should all be different. If this is the case, then it is something to do with the NanoPad. Maybe someone here can help, but you can also try checking the NanoPad forums to see if anyone has encountered this before. HTH
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot say i know what the problem is without a NanoPad to work with.
But if you want to look into Global settings related to Pad-CC/notes and Pad-Chord/notes, the Global Midi tab page has a "midi routing setup" area that lists settings for "Pads Midi Out".
It would be worth it to figure out what those do to your NanoPad setup.
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a common question with a simple solution:

You turned off the "Load KARMA settings when changing: Programs / Combis" settings in Global > Basic.

Chord Pads are part of KARMA. When you turn this off, it will keep the current Chord Pad settings as you change Programs or Combis. Useful sometimes, or not.

Turn them back on and your problems should go away, and in the future, RTFM before you change things that you don't know what they do. Wink

psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, pads are part of KARMA, learned something new.

Stephen, I've managed to make the onscreen pads play chords on a remote MIDI device, like my Integra 7.

And I've got foot pedals successfully programmed to trigger the pad chords on the Kronos.

However, I'm having trouble getting the foot pedals to play the pad chords on the Integra. Any thoughts?
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psionic311 wrote:

Stephen, I've managed to make the onscreen pads play chords on a remote MIDI device, like my Integra 7.

And I've got foot pedals successfully programmed to trigger the pad chords on the Kronos.

However, I'm having trouble getting the foot pedals to play the pad chords on the Integra. Any thoughts?

Not sure I'm following that. You want the foot pedals to trigger the pads on the Kronos, which then through MIDI trigger chords on a remote device? I'm not sure that triggering the pads via MIDI will then send MIDI out to an external device...

psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:
psionic311 wrote:

Not sure I'm following that. You want the foot pedals to trigger the pads on the Kronos, which then through MIDI trigger chords on a remote device? I'm not sure that triggering the pads via MIDI will then send MIDI out to an external device...

Yes, I was hoping since the pads are part of Karma, and Karma has the ability to merge MIDI data, that ultimately my foot pedals could be used to trigger chords simultaneously on the Kronos and the Integra.
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still focused on trying to solve this particular issue. Delved deeply once again into the formidable KARMA waters. No luck yet, although my respect for the technical achievement that is KARMA continues to increase.

However, I did discover that you can assign a footswitch to trigger a single pad, from Pad1 thru Pad8. This will make both the Kronos and the Integra play the assigned pad chord via foot in addition via the touchscreen.

This tells me that a CC# can trigger a pad, which then triggers the Kronos tone generator while also sending out the pad chord MIDI notes to MIDI OUT.

I currently have the pads in GLOBAL set to be triggered by the lowest octave MIDI notes, which is what my FCB pedalboard does. Will have to explore if changing the FCB footswitches to use CCs instead will get the results I'm looking for...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: