Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos LS
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Professor Clud

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject: Kronos LS Reply with quote

My guess is that this question has been exhausted over many times but I'm new to this group so bear with me.

Is the Kronos LS keybed the same as the Korg Kross 61 ?

Little background....I own an SV-1 73 (best Rhodes ever), an M3-73, a Korg
Kross and other non key units (KaossilatorPro+), etc. So I have 3 types of keybed feel.....the light Kross, Semi Wt synth feel M3, and the older RH3 weight of the SV-1. The SV-1 is starting to make some clack noises on some keys. Have read about many issues with the old RH3 keybed. But the Rhodes sound of the SV-1 is killer. And I'm getting a little glitching/lockup on the M3 screen, but not much. Still works great mostly.

I'm considering a big upgrade to a Kronos because I am Korg, not NEGAN, a lifelong Korg user. And so I just want to continue researching the Kronos keys. So the question stands about the LS....is it the same as the Kross 61? Thanks for letting me ramble on.
Professor Clud
superdog

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had both so I think I can answer this.

No, they are not the same keybeds. The 61 is a much better keybed, maybe 10 times better, with after touch. The LS is very light touch, with no AT. I suspect they will correct this with the LS-2, if and when they make it.

You would only go with the LS if you are like me and you can't live without 88 keys and you don't want fully weighted hammers.

Some other observations regarding the two:

The 61 has nicer looking natural end caps IMO, whereas the LS has sunburst end caps, although some people prefer the opposite.

The 61 is a good looking black color while the LS has an interesting subdued brown body but I think the silkscreen is easier to read on the LS as it really pops against the brown.

The joystick is a long reach on the LS while it is right there in front of you on the 61.

Neither one of them has full sized keys compared to an acoustic piano. Even my cheap DP has larger keys both in octave distance and key length.

HTH
Professor Clud

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject: Kronos LS Reply with quote

Thanks for replying. Well now that I know that the LS is very light to the touch, I was wondering how it compares to the Kross 61 ? If you know anyone with the Kross 61, I'm curious how it feels compared to the LS.
Thanks again.
johneyjoe25

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D Hey everyone out there. I am new to this forum

Heard about Korg Kronos LS 88, need to know more details about it.

How is the keybed quality of LS 88 . Can any one tell.

Smile
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted before, don't know what in the world Korg was thinking not making a 73/76 version of this. The LS currently is too damn long for us weekend warriors. Sorry for repeating myself. Just frustrated. Rolling Eyes
Mr_SamDoogie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried it out in at my local music shop the keybed is like a plane keyboard controller.

I had a bit trouble translating feel to the key's I'm used to semi weighted key's and hammer action but this one is way lighter even my 10 years older M-audio keyboard has somewhat of a weight. Can't say the same for the LS.

Should be great for people whom can do with keys that are less weighted and retaining nimble fingers after long playing, but you gonna miss a bit of tactile feeling from it for specific sounds.

Korg MW1, Casio PX5S & XW-G1, Roland JD-Xi,Yamaha Montage 7, Roland D-05, Bass Station II, Cubase Elements, Sonar X3 Producer.Handfull of IOs Apps iMPC,Animoog : Korg IMS-20,Module, IM1, Gadget etc.
johneyjoe25

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad u mean, keybed quality is not upto the mark,
I wanna play some fast music , strings etc. For that hope weighted keys will not work,.
I just want understand that , whether keybed quality is poor built or u r trying to tell that keys are very light but quality is good.
Smile
Mr_SamDoogie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johneyjoe25 wrote:
Sad u mean, keybed quality is not upto the mark,
I wanna play some fast music , strings etc. For that hope weighted keys will not work,.
I just want understand that , whether keybed quality is poor built or u r trying to tell that keys are very light but quality is good.
Smile

Yes their very light I don't know what you mean by quality it is a Kronos after all. All key's give a bit of clank while playing.

I myself am spoiled with semi weighted and such and the sale guy told if you give the LS time to get use to this keybed I guess he's right it is getting use to but not for me.

Korg MW1, Casio PX5S & XW-G1, Roland JD-Xi,Yamaha Montage 7, Roland D-05, Bass Station II, Cubase Elements, Sonar X3 Producer.Handfull of IOs Apps iMPC,Animoog : Korg IMS-20,Module, IM1, Gadget etc.
johneyjoe25

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i understand it is after all Korg Kronos , but they say that it has semi weighted keys . Now you say that it is very lighter, ( somewhere you mentioned that you play semi weighted) then your statement doesn't match , i mean , in the Korg website they mention LS 88 has semi weighted keys .

Regarding keybed quality, i have checked Roland FA series, their keybed is very pathetic ( i felt it was like cheap plastic they used). So thats why specifically asking about the keybed, since you have played it.

Thanks in advance Cool
Mr_SamDoogie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johneyjoe25 wrote:
i understand it is after all Korg Kronos , but they say that it has semi weighted keys . Now you say that it is very lighter, ( somewhere you mentioned that you play semi weighted) then your statement doesn't match , i mean , in the Korg website they mention LS 88 has semi weighted keys .

Regarding keybed quality, i have checked Roland FA series, their keybed is very pathetic ( i felt it was like cheap plastic they used). So thats why specifically asking about the keybed, since you have played it.

Thanks in advance Cool

Its pretty narly to tell about best is to try it out yourself, but if I have to compare it a bit the LS is between the feel of an arturia 61 keylab and a Casio LK keyboard.

SoulBe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

the best way is to try out the keybed for some hours. I own a LS and changed my setup from a motif es 8 and Oasys 76 for weight reasons to a LS and an arturia. Keylab 49. As a gigging musician I love the light weight of my gear now.
The keybed is light but after you get used to it you can play also piano sounds quite decent.

For training I have a Yamaha P 80 with full weighted keys at home, but if you need 88 keys and less weight of yor gear then try out the LS.

with best regards
Soulbe
johneyjoe25

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt the Kronos
But , recently i checked roland fa 06, the keybed is very poor and quality of the keys are made of cheap plastic ( not durable i guess )

so just wanted to check , the quality of the keys.
Hope u can help me a lot since u own LS 88.
Rajt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,
Even i have the same query like johnyjoe.
At our place no one is holding a kronos in the music stores. Due its high price.
Most of my queries have been cleared in this blog. Please help .
Since u own a kronos LS 88 , guide us about the quality of the keys.
I completely agree with Johny about the key bed and keys quality in Roland FA series , it has very poor quality keys in semi weighted one.
So kindly advise.
johneyjoe25

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Sad
No one is responding.
I thought this blog will help me a lot.

Hi dude,
Rajt , can share the details u have ?
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johneyjoe25 wrote:
Sad Sad
No one is responding.
I thought this blog will help me a lot.

Hi dude,
Rajt , can share the details u have ?

The only way you can make your choice is to try it by yourself. Someone will tell you it's fabulous, another one will say not so great, etc...
The sensations we get with a keyboard is just a matter of feeling. Anyway Korg is a great brand and Kronos is its mothership. So, Kronos LS gets a great quality. Having said that, will you find it appropriate to your feelings ? No one could even imagine it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: