Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Krome Internal SD CARD info

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fairviewchurch

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Krome Internal SD CARD info Reply with quote

Can someone please post a link to a download for the .rar or .img file? Thank you in advance. Need my Krome working today. If you need to PM it to me please do so. Thank you again.
Dave7761

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Internal SD Card Reply with quote

I also need a link to download the .rar or .img file. My internal SD card is not booting up the Krome. If anyone can help, please!
stale

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is link to the image.

https://db.tt/IfZfVL96zq
Dave7761

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Internal SD Card and image file for Korg Krome Reply with quote

Thanks So Much for providing the image file. I was able to download the file. One question: Should this file image.imgc be directly written to the Class 10 Micro SD 4GB card? - or is there anything else that needs to be done. I am using Win32 Disk imager. --- Since there is not a .RAR file - I assume I am just writing this exact image directly to the card - correct? - Just would like to verify.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just writing the .imgc file to the SD card will not work. The image file needs a disk imager to recreate the original file structure on the SD card - search for win32 disk imager.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/files/latest/download

Note added: Was the previous posting edited, or did I miss the bit about Win32 disk imager?

BassMike

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the luxury of having several Kromes to work with and have been able to successfully boot them with a blank formatted (FAT 32) internal SD card. Not sure why or if you need the image file.
Dave7761

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Krom MicroSD imgc file and HDD Raw Toll and Win32DiskImager Reply with quote

Could not get HDD Raw tool to work on both of my computers - not sure what I am doing wrong - I tried to decompress the imgc file I have (to make an Image file .img) - that did not work. I tried to take the image from the old microsd card in the Krome - that did not work - and now it won't read the old microsd at all...hmm - not sure what happened there.

But anyway I have the new microSD card - I could format it for FAT32 - previous post said he had success with a blank formatted FAT 32 internal card. I wonder if I should just format the card and give it a try.

Not sure why the HDD Raw Tool not working for me.

Krome is apart - upside down - and I gotta figure out the next step to make this work.
Dave7761

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:28 am    Post subject: Post subject: Krom MicroSD imgc file and HDD Raw Toll and Wi Reply with quote

Well I tried it - and it successfully booted - but no sounds are coming out of the line outs of the Korg Krome. The levels are going up inside the Krome when I press the keys but no output of sounds to the line outs is occurring.

I'll have to figure out how to decompress the imgc file that I got from Stale - turn that into an image file and then put it onto the the micro SD card.

Problem is I cannot get HDD Raw Tool to work on both of my computers. It goes to 1% then won't do anything else. Is there ANOTHER program that can decompress the IMGC file that I got from Stale?

(Note: HDD Raw Tool program keeps saying 'ACCESS VIOLATION AT ADDRESS...')
stale

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why HDD is not working for you, but that is what I used to put the image on the card. You can't just copy and paste it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: