Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to record arpeggio notes as midi notes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soundeffects

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: How to record arpeggio notes as midi notes? Reply with quote

I want to record the arpeggio notes that are being played on my TEX, as midi notes in Cubase 4 is this possible in combi-mode?
KrzysiekK

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, of course. Go to Menu->P2->MIDI Channel tab and switch the status of the timbre You want to use as ARP source to EXT - the arp data will be transmitted to the external MIDI device using channel selected below.

Note however that this will make the timbre inaudible (Triton soundmodule), so best solution would be to direct a signal back to Triton in Cubase (in such setup remember about Local function in global mode).
Soundeffects

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that.

I particular wanted an arp that was driving a bass sound in a combi-preset.

As this bass was on midi ch 3 the arp did not seem to match, but when I made the channel 01G, the sound was correct, so thanks again for the info.
KrzysiekK

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact is that in Combi mode Triton cannot play itself (its soundmodule) a timbre which MIDI channel does not match global MIDI channel. So if your global channel is 1, all the timbres set to channel other than 1 will not sound when played by the keybed. With arpeggiator however the case is specific - namely, You can playback an arpeggiated timbre (eg. a bass sound) eventhough it is put on different MIDI channel - this is very helpful when You want to separate arpeggio tracks played by a machine from "solo" timbres played by human. This trick is quite common among preprogrammed presets, used esp. for drum tracks.

Here is how it works, on example:

say You have just 2 timbres in combi enabled:
1st - piano, with no arpeggio assigned (Menu -> P7, setup, ARP for timbre 1 = OFF)
2nd - bass, with arpeggio A assigned (Menu -> P7, setup, ARP for timbre 2 = A)

Now, in Menu->P2, MIDI channel tab, set piano MIDI channel to match the global channel, eg. 1

Assuming global MIDI channel = 1, for second timbre (bass) use any other MIDI channel, eg. set it to 2

Now the trick - go to 3rd timbre in Menu->P2, MIDI channel tab, set its mode to "OFF" and set its MIDI channel to global MIDI channel (same used for piano timbre). This timbre won't sound itself, it is just used to run arpeggiator by triggering it with keyboard. Now go to Menu->P7, setup, for timbre no 3 choose arp A (note this is same arp used by bass timbre no 2). Since now the bass track will be triggered with keys as far as the ARP (button) is enabled, while the bass track won't be audible when ARP is turned off.

And FYI it works with external MIDI as well, simply set bass timbre to EXT - so You can also benefit from separating 2 ARPs and solo parts each into different output MIDI channel.

Best regards,
Krzysiek
Soundeffects

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the extra info Krzysiek,

I will try it out today Wink

Cheers
SpiroGiro

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez - I confused!

I came here with similar Q which is:

can you drive external devices with the arpeggios in the Triton Extreme?

So say I like an arpeggio in a combi in the Triton, can I make it drive a patch from my Roland JV1080 or other external device?
QualityNotQuantity

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you can use any Arp from the Triton Extreme to drive another keyboard / device etc.
I often activate my Microkorg sounds via my Triton Extreme; endless possibilities Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: