Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Part timing issue on ES2- any help much appreciated?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
grandmasterbird

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Part timing issue on ES2- any help much appreciated? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I've come across an issue thats starting to drive me a little mad! I was in the middle of writing a little something on the ES2 this evening when something strange happened.

I had a part playing that I wanted to layer, and so I used the 'copy part' function in the menu to basically duplicate the part to the next pad along. After doing this, I played the pattern and the ORIGINAL part had seemed to somehow mute itself.

So I looked in the sequence and the notes were still there, just not sounding. When I triggered the sample without the pattern playing, the sample fired as it should. But strangely if I punch in more steps into the part sequence, they sound as they should, but the original steps won't...

So I then scratched my head for a bit and erased the part, and re-recorded the sequence manually using the keyboard.

This has worked in that I can now hear the sample playing, but the part is completely out of time with the rest of the pattern. I've tried playing it in again, changing swing & tempo etc but nothing will seem to nudge it back in sync. Its like its lagging behind by a few steps.

I re-booted the machine and I'm back to square one in that the notes don't sound at all.

I've had a little scan through the forum, google etc but no joy. I tried muting all other parts to rule out voice stealing etc but no joy again.

So if anyone can shed any light on how to re-align or nudge individual sequences of a part back in sync, or why and how some steps in a sequence can somehow mute themselves after copying a part it would be massively appreciated.

I just hope I've managed to get across whats been going on!

Many thanks!
grandmasterbird

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone help?

I realise the post is fairly long winded so to summarise does anyone know how to fix a part or a sequence that is playing out of time with the rest of the parts?
Pepper Astro

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

would these parts happen to be sequenced on pads 13-16?
could this have something to do with the Alternate 13-14/15-16 function still turned on?
this function is useful for say closing/muting an open high-hat on one pad by triggering a closed hat on the other...
but could cause confusing muting if a synth part is played on those pads and you're unaware it's still on.
it would be on by default...you can find the settings in the standard menu.

i'm just guessing here.
ok reza

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

other possibility is that you have run out of polyphony and a sound is getting cut off because enough sounds are being trigger at the same time. try selecting the channel that is being cut off and in the menu turn part priority to high. if the sound starts to play, then your job is half done. now you have to make sure other sounds aren't getting cut off by turning part priority up for them, sometimes a compromise needs to be made. whenever you deal with chords, namely 3-5 note chords and/or unison-type synths, you are reducing the amount of sounds that can be made at once very quickly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: