Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new to forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gary Usinger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: new to forum Reply with quote

Hi,

I am a newby to the forum. I actually have a motif, but I am looking forward to getting a Korg Pa4x, or maybe, if I can come up with the $s, the new Yamaha Genos. Still trying to deceide. Any thoughts?

I saw recently on the Korg forum that there was a "Hot Club Jazz" style for the Pa3x. I imagine that will work on the Pa4x as well. Looking for that kind of style. Django, Hot Club of San Francisco, etc. Choppy guitar strums and cool violin riffs.

Thanks in advance for any ideas and advice,

Bear
jpires

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Pa4x Reply with quote

Hi, I am not a Yamaha fan at all, if I was you I would d buy a korg.
Very easy to work with it and the options are endless.
H
Korg all the way.
JP
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gary,

Welcome to the forum, I have have just posted my views on the Genos but of course you would need to try it out yourself or start looking at the demos on YT
Both the Genos and Pa4x have things to offer and if your a kind of preset player who wants all the work done with little editing available then maybe the Genos is worth a look, if you want a creative music making center then I would be looking at the Pa4x
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Gary - welcome!!!

I'm with JP on this.
Personally (and I repeat "personally") the Genos (or "Tyros 6" as I now want to call it) would not work well for me as a performance and recording arranger.
A lot of the Genos sounds are very nice but I dislike the OS and its control surface when it comes to my performing and recording.
I don't like having to drill down through menus etc to find settings that I need instant access to - Genos (and Tyros is not good in this regard)
PA4X is more flexible and definitely conducive to "performing".
When recording, I don't want to do much multi-tracking and the PA4X control surface and OS design is really great in this regard.
We all have different needs when it comes to keyboards and music gear so I would go try them both and see how you feel.
When Yamaha come up with a more suitable OS design (to suit ME!!) I will be very keen to buy even despite Yamaha's over pricing.

You're probably going to get "Korg-biased" replies here so be careful in making your decision - check the Yamaha forum too.

Good luck with it and please don't hesitate to ask as much as you want....

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: