Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

manual for pandora mini and stomp sound editor?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
satiropan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:26 am    Post subject: manual for pandora mini and stomp sound editor? Reply with quote

I am looking for a manual or instructions for the pandora mini and stomp sound editor.
I have it installed on a win 7 pc, and it's ok, but don't understand the meaning of the file menu.
asked korg USA but they say that apart from installation instructions in the installing packet, there is no manual.
can someone explain me?
in the File Menu:
'open file' opens a saved presets file present in my computer
'save as' saves a preset file in my computer with the possibility to change name
but what does 'close file(s)' means? what does it closes? and you close more than a file at the same time?
then 'write current program', writes it where? in the pandora memory? in the pc? I guess it is different from the 'transmit' command below
'transmit' and 'receive' , I understand them
I have made a certain number of preset on my pandora mini and now that I have also a pandora stomp, I want to transfer them to the stomp. but I don't know how to act, and I am afraid to meke an error and loose all my presets, that took me hours to do
please help
thank you
satiropan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello? is anybody there? no-one ever used the sound editor for pandora mini and stomp? I am stuck, I want to load un the stomp the same patterns that I have created on the mini, but I just don't know how to use the software.
plz help
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Installation of the Pandora Mini/Stomp Editor also includes the software user manual, which runs to six pages and is more than just the installation notes. The manual should be accessible from the Start menu under Programs | KORG | PANDORA mini & stomp SoundEditor.

satiropan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you!
just to be sure, write current program sends the current program to the pandora, while transmit all programs send all the programs all together to the pandora, right?
how can I copy some programs from the mini and send them to the stomp?
thanx
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first thing to do would be to create backup files of the user areas of both the Pandora Mini and Pandora Stomp by first connecting one device to the PC, starting the Pandora Mini/Stomp Editor, setting the MIDI ports, doing a Receive All, then doing a Save As, and giving the file a meaningful name, including Stomp or Mini in the filename, as appropriate, to identify its origin.

Now close the editor software, unplug the device and plug in the other device and repeat the above sequence of actions, giving the saved file a different name. Try and use the same USB port for both devices. Close the Editor software.

Make a copy of each of the saved files using Windows Explorer or other file management software, and put the copies into another directory, or onto a USB memory stick, or both.

Now, with the Pandora Stomp plugged into the USB port, start the Editor, and load the saved file from the Pandora Mini. It should now be possible to select the desired Mini programs and write them to the Stomp.

satiropan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx
I have done what you say, but when I open the editor with stomp connected, open the mini presets file that I have saved, nothing happens, the left list remains the one of the stomp, empty.
satiropan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made some tests
I have the stomp as new, with only the deafault presets in the right window and no preset in the left window.
I have created a test preset in position 000 called it 'prova' (test in italian).then clicked on 'write current program', then 'save as' with a specific name 'prova.pxm'
than 'clear'ed the program in the left window, and then 'open file' on the prova.pxm.
again, nothing happens and the left window remains empty.
seems to me that I can't save or I can't load the preset files
satiropan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

more tests
just to be sure, I have uninstalled both the korg usb midi driver and the pandora editor, then reinstalled both, first the driver then the editor,.n their last versions.
driver is the last for windows 7 since I have windows 7 ultimate 64bit.
with the mini connected, and after receiving its presets, since I have 50 presets made by me on the pandora mini, from 000 to 049, I made a new one in position 051, again called 'prova'.
then wrote current program, then saved file as mini prova.pxm.
then cleared the left window and then opened the mini prova .pxm file, but again no presets are loaded in the left window.
not even the old presets from 000 to 049, and of course neithe the 051 that I've just made.
whats wrong?
I have to say that when I first edited my presets on the mini, I was using windows xp, could be this the reason of this problem?
Now I have no more xp computers, but I have a couple with windows 10, so I plan to install the proper driver and try again
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately the Editor is not really intuitive, and the Editor manual is not clear on exactly what happens.

When a file containing a saved User list is opened in the Editor, its contents go into the RIGHT hand column, AFTER the ROM presets. So, the first file that is opened occupies preset numers 400 to 599, the second file occupies presets 600 to 799, and the third goes into presets 800 to 999.

The Close Files command simply removes all the presets, 400 and upwards, from the right hand list. It doesn't delete anything from the Pandora connected to the PC.

The thing to do is to connect the Pandora Stomp, start the Editor, open the file mini prova.pxm saved from the Mini, select presets 400 to 449 in the right hand column, do Ctrl-C to copy to the buffer, then highlight preset 000 in the left hand column and do Ctrl-P to paste.

Hopefully that should work. Then do Transmit All Programs to send presets 000 to 199 to the Stomp, and that should be it.

satiropan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES! it worked! once one knows the trick the transfer is done in a second.
Thanx a lot, I was afraid something was faulty in my 2 pandoras!
actually once one opens a file, who could imagine that the opened presets go in cue to those in the right window?
SOLVED!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent.

I'm sure the Editor user interface made perfect sense to the person that programmed it, and I think I can see why it was done that way, from the programmer's perspective.
satiropan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

really? wuold you explain me how do you think it was programmed in this way?
i mean, who would look at the bottom of the right list, knowing that is for the default presets?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: