Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New pa3x owner and need some help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vili19

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: New pa3x owner and need some help Reply with quote

Hey all, great forum.

I switched from my 10 year Pa800 to 3x a couple days ago. So far there are tons of new features on the 3x compared to my 800, but there were some things on my 800 that I miss.

Main question is can I bring over some tones not styles from my 800 to the 3x?

I tried a few from an 800 set basically loading the tone to an empty slot in Fav1, i select it and nothing, no sound.. Or does the whole perfomance kit have to be loaded?

Cheers
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume by “tones” you are referring to instrument sounds.
The samples that make up the instruments are hard wired ROM (read only) and cannot by exported in anyway. BUT having said that I would think the 3x would have all the Pa800 sounds and some more - it’s just a matter of finding them and using or adding the same effects.
There would be a high level of compatibility so any modified sounds on the 800 would likely (but not always) work also on the 3x. So when you save a sound (or a style) it doesn’t save any sound (as in waveform data) but just the location and effect details of that sound.
The only exception to this is for user sampled RAM sounds where waveforms are also saved and exportable.
So I would try this. Save a sound on the 800 to a User Sound slot. Save this User sound as a .set and then load it on the 3x and see if it’s the same. If not then you might need to do some investigation on the makeup of the sound in sound mode to understand how it’s made.
legolas

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you want to load a performance?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: