Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Collection
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crystalmsc

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Korg Collection Reply with quote

Thank you Korg for the upgrade to the Korg Collection, especially it's free for a Korg Legacy owner. Can't wait for the interface update and other instruments. http://www.korg.com/us/products/software/korg_collection

Everything sounds better in the demos:
https://soundcloud.com/korg/sets/korg-collection-for-mac-win
Korg: Wavedrum/Mini/Global, MS-20m, Volca Beats/Bass/Key, Trinity Pro, Karma + Moss Board, 01R/W, Wavestation/SR/EX, microKORG XL, Kaossilator Pro, iKaossilator, Kaoss Pad Quad, Monotribe, Monotron/duo/delay, DS-10, Korg Collection V2, Korg Gadget, microKEY25
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Collection Reply with quote

Crystalmsc wrote:
Thank you Korg for the upgrade to the Korg Collection, especially it's free for a Korg Legacy owner. Can't wait for the interface update and other instruments. http://www.korg.com/us/products/software/korg_collection

Everything sounds better in the demos:
https://soundcloud.com/korg/sets/korg-collection-for-mac-win

Thanks for posting this - I got nothing from them to alert me to the change...just downloaded everything.
Crystalmsc

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two Bills of the top posts can't be wrong, this update is for people like us Smile

There's no Legacy Cell, I wish they will it bring back as soon!
Korg: Wavedrum/Mini/Global, MS-20m, Volca Beats/Bass/Key, Trinity Pro, Karma + Moss Board, 01R/W, Wavestation/SR/EX, microKORG XL, Kaossilator Pro, iKaossilator, Kaoss Pad Quad, Monotribe, Monotron/duo/delay, DS-10, Korg Collection V2, Korg Gadget, microKEY25
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crystalmsc wrote:
Two Bills of the top posts can't be wrong, this update is for people like us Smile

There's no Legacy Cell, I wish they will it bring back as soon!

I'd also like to see the Triton w/all expansions in this format!
Crystalmsc

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Triton and the 01/W and Prophecy please. Also vintage samplers with the original + modern libraries.

Would love to see more FX processors such as the SDD-3000 and AM/DL8000R. With a better interface and some updates the MDE-X can be way more useful.

BTW, we can still use the old Legacy Cell with the Korg Collection. So, nothing is missing.
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crystalmsc wrote:
BTW, we can still use the old Legacy Cell with the Korg Collection. So, nothing is missing.

https://id.korg.com/users/registered-products

LegacyCell is downloadable from there. Just log in.
Crystalmsc

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, thanks! One day it's going to be the super combi workstation Cool

Update: It's the same old V1.3.0, so no need to re-install.
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, I have not kept up with the LC updates and now all I see is an error code when I try to migrate with the code to Korg shop.

I can log in to the Korgusernet page but perhaps the offer is lapsed?

Well, I tried a few more times and it actually loaded but crashed after applying the code.

The site may just be very busy.
Davd C. Polich

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody have an "easy guide" to the whole "migration process" required to actually upgrade to the new Korg Collection if you already own the Legacy Collection?

I swear I've never seen a more convoluted re-registration/migration/ upgrade mess in my life.

Let's start with where to go first. I assume it's KorgUer.net.

The KorgUser home page says I have to register the entire Legacy Collectrion to receive my upgrade and migration coupons. Well, I have already registered the Legacy Collection, do I have to do it again? And if so..

After logging in, I see a tab marked "Upgrade Coupon" and a tab marked "Migration Coupon". Clicking on "Upgrade Coupon" does nothing. Clicking on "Migration Coupon" takes me to another page where there are two sets of coupon codes for each synth in the Legacy Collection. And there is a link to the Korg Shop.

Honestly, I just do not understand where to go from here. I tried copying ONE coupon code for the MS-20. Clicked on the link to the Korg Shop. No place to eneter the code that I see. So I clicked on "Add to Cart"...and I get a page marked "Address Error".

This whole process seems design to frustrate people to the point where they will just give up and buy the "new" Korg Collection outright.

Any help/clues/solved riddles would be MOST apprecaited. Thanks.
Davd C. Polich

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody have an "easy guide" to the whole "migration process" required to actually upgrade to the new Korg Collection if you already own the Legacy Collection?

I swear I've never seen a more convoluted re-registration/migration/ upgrade mess in my life.

Let's start with where to go first. I assume it's KorgUer.net.

The KorgUser home page says I have to register the entire Legacy Collectrion to receive my upgrade and migration coupons. Well, I have already registered the Legacy Collection, do I have to do it again? And if so..

After logging in, I see a tab marked "Upgrade Coupon" and a tab marked "Migration Coupon". Clicking on "Upgrade Coupon" does nothing. Clicking on "Migration Coupon" takes me to another page where there are two sets of coupon codes for each synth in the Legacy Collection. And there is a link to the Korg Shop.

Honestly, I just do not understand where to go from here. I tried copying ONE coupon code for the MS-20. Clicked on the link to the Korg Shop. No place to eneter the code that I see. So I clicked on "Add to Cart"...and I get a page marked "Address Error".

I tried to find "KorgID.com" Apparently that is not the correct URL..is it id.korg.com?

This whole process seems design to frustrate people to the point where they will just give up and buy the "new" Korg Collection outright.

Any help/clues/solved riddles would be MOST apprecaited. Thanks.
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David, I was able to do this last night without much of a hassle. Once you get to the product page you should be able to ADD TO CART. After that, there's a place where you can enter the code and select NO PAYMENT REQUIRED.

Now, I previously had set up an account at the new Korg Store as I purchased the Gadget products through it. I don't know if that matters. I saw on another forum, that people were having issues if their korguser.net email and the new store's email were the same. Mine happened to be different.

I agree it's a bit of a mess. If you continue to have issues with the ADD TO CART you might try a different browser. Do you allow cookies?

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uggghhh... I'll wait a while - I'm not getting any further after applying the Migration Code. The Servers are obviously very busy Sad
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only is the process convoluted, I can't get it to work.
There's no way to transfer so much as one item without getting server errors.
It's best to wait a while I guess.
Surely there's an easier way to transfer accounts?
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan1 wrote:
Not only is the process convoluted, I can't get it to work.
There's no way to transfer so much as one item without getting server errors.
It's best to wait a while I guess.
Surely there's an easier way to transfer accounts?

In this day and age you would think they could streamline this process.

Looks like they asked somebody's 12 year old to write the code.
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Korg do not send emails to notify us of these options how are we supposed to keep up with this change?

I'm giving up for now as the server seems to be malfunctioning.

Please Korg just send me a link so I can simply download the software without going through this crap.

You know I'm registered, you know my email, so fix this mess.

This page isn’t working
korg.shop took too long to respond.
HTTP ERROR 504
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: