Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Things to say about Kross2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
arc1953

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:07 am    Post subject: Things to say about Kross2 Reply with quote

Well, I've had it for a little over a month....I think that what it was designed to do, it does well. I will have no problem gigging with it. It is not as easy to operate as the M50 that it is replacing. But, I've had seven years of gigging, and 84 gigs, with the M50 to get used to it. Apples and oranges, I think. I've read on this forum what others are thinking and saying about it. If I was considering buying a Kross2, the negative comments that have been put forth about it would make me think a little longer about the purchase. To put the Kross2 into perspective, it is not a Kronos, or Krome, or even an M50, but neither is the price. In fact, the price is not even close. It is priced about the same as the Poly-800 that I bought in '84. This thing is light-years ahead of that. I still have to learn how to tweak some of the sounds, more to my liking. But after owning this thing for a month, I would have to say that it is a positive addition to my rig.
KalvinB

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Kross 2 Reply with quote

I've had the Kross 2 for about 2 weeks and it seems like a nice board. My biggest gripe is the rotary speaker effect on the organ sounds. I've tried adjusting the parameters but it still doesn't sound like a real Leslie to me. Other than that the keybed is OK, the programs and combinations are decent, and the sampling features and sequencer are nice for a synth in its price range. There's a Youtube video that shows how to map samples across the keyboard and it seems to work.

Oh, and that light up Korg logo: why couldn't they have used colored leds so you could change it to match the mood? Maybe in Kross 3? (No, I'm not serious!!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: