Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OSAM 2018: Your Year of Music

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CharlesFerraro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject: OSAM 2018: Your Year of Music Reply with quote

Hi friends, 2018 is here. Another year gone by, and regrettably, I wasn't as musically active as I would've liked to have been in 2017. If you feel the same, OSAM might be a good way to help us focus on making more music this year. We're musicians after all, so what are we doing if not making music? It feels like one song a month is the least we can do.
OSAM is an opportunity to participate in a goals-oriented musical support system. Much like exercise, if you keep up with OSAM you WILL become a better songwriter, producer, or engineer. You'll also gain important insights on meeting deadlines and holding yourself accountable. The experience will get you that much closer to reaching your ultimate musical goals. If it wasn't already your new years resolution, you owe it to yourself to sign the dotted line and oblige yourself to one year of making music.

X_____________________________

My vision still stands from last year:

-Make one song a month.
-Act as a community.
Aside from getting valuable input from other seasoned musicians, it's important to share your insights with others who may be running into problems that you've experienced before.
Consider the following aspects while commenting on other peoples music:

Mix quality - Spectral balance/dynamics.
Composition - Chord progression/song structure/music theory.
Sound design - Use of timbre and creative textures.

For added fun please include the key and tempo of your song as I'll make a mixtape of all the entries each month. I'll post each mix within the first week of every month so January's mix will be released before February 7th and so on. This is to motivate people to post on time as no entry means no song in that month's mix. It also let's you hear your style and music directly next to other peoples work even though I expect the genres to be all over the place! I'll post instructions on how to submit below this post. Lend me your help in showing the world how active and talented the Korg community is!

Last edited by CharlesFerraro on Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
CharlesFerraro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To submit a song simply abbreviate the month and year and put the song title in the Subject of a New Topic. For example: “Jan’18 - Smells Like Sprite Soda”. Place the song title, key and tempo at the top of the Message body with a link to the song. I would also enjoy reading a short description on your creative process, inspirations and challenges for each entry but it isn’t required.

Example:

Smells like Sprite Soda
Db Major
116 bpm

<soundcloud>

I entered into a state of total bliss while pulling out of a drive-through before writing this song.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: