Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Programming help? Trying to create talk box sweep effect

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Weetu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:48 am    Post subject: Programming help? Trying to create talk box sweep effect Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

Could someone give me some hints on how to achieve a talk box guitar sound on a Korg microSTATION. The exact effect I'm working on is the guitar sound in Bon Jovi's "It's My Life". I'm building a multisplit combi for playing all the synth parts in that song, and I've got a couple of keys assigned to play a guitar sound, which is routed into an IFX with the "Talking Modulator" effect.

However, my problem is this: I can't figure out a way to make the Talking Modulator effect sweep from one vowel to another on each keypress.

The options for the Talking Modulator are:
  • Voice, where I can pick a vowel for Top, Center and Bottom
  • Sweep Mode: LFO or D-mod (dynamic modulation)
  • Manual Voice Ctrl, with a parameter where 0=Bottom, 50=Center, 100=Top
  • Manual Voice Ctrl Source, with lots of modulation sources
  • Formant Shift, from -100 to +100
  • Resonance, from 0 to 100
  • Various LFO, MIDI and Mixer parameters
  • (The full parameters can be found in the microSTATION Parameter Guide on page 226)

I would imagine two possible ways to get the sweep I want:

One would be to choose Sweep Mode: D-mod and pick a suitable Manual Voice Ctrl Source. However, none of the options seem good. There is no option to choose Amp EG - the closest possible are a couple of Gate options, but those just give me an on-off envelope, not ADSR or anything similar.

Another would be to pick Sweep Mode: LFO and have an LFO envelope which is retriggered with every note. However, I can't figure out how to do that either.

I would appreciate it if someone well versed in Korg EDS-i programming would give me a hint - or confirm that the effect I want is impossible to achieve in Combi mode.
arpegiator1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Programming help? Trying to create talk box sweep effect Reply with quote

I do not know if you got my answer if I wrote it right here. In addition, I'm writing through the translator. with Microstation I've been playing for a long time and I know something. Can i help you. Write to me at renehybsman@seznam.cz
Weetu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Thanks, yes, I got your private message earlier, and replied. Basically, using the LFO won't help me: since my band is not playing to a click track, we will probably quickly go out of sync with the tempo of the MicroStation. I think using a pedal or something is my best option.
arpegiator1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this is the right choice. But when I listen to the original I'm not sure if I hear Tolking modulator. Am I afraid if they use Wah wah effect? I like designing programs in Microstation, but I'm making Trance and Drop sounds.
arpegiator1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry. I'm from Czech Republic. I'm using translator.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: