Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mistabishi with electribe sampler~
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never even heard of this Mistabishi guy before the Electribe was demoed, and from an unbiased point of view, I really didn't like any of the demos he was in. I honesty feel that other guy Korg had to doing the webinar video with both the Electribe and Volca Sample did a much greater job showcasing the products.

Regardless, my point still stands: First time users are quickly running into bugs which have been in the machine since Day 1 and they haven't been fixed. I've never owned an EMX2 before, so I have no bias toward it about which features I think it should have. I just want to see it work properly as it was intended to.

- Audio glitches using Polymode sounds
- Event Recorder crashing saved playback files
- Audio glitches switching to patterns with saved Mute settings
- Ties in step recording leaving gaps between notes

If this Mistabishi person actually had any input on the development of this product, all of these errors would have been discovered the moment Korg passed it over to him and fixed before it was released.
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin
thesigma

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go watch his EMX vids on his YouTube channel. He made some pretty darn good drum n bass tracks on the old blue monster, though if your not into that style of music I'm not surprised you haven't heard of him. He is a YouTube sensation amongst a certain d'n'b and EMX user crowd, but afaik not a major name on the global scene, can't speak for his popularity in the uk which I believe is his home turf.

I imagine the scenario is like this, the guy is as I said a bit of a YouTube sensation and very skilled with the EMX, which he has owned for years and knows inside out. Korg asks him to write some patterns and promote a new generation of electribe, wouldn't any of us jump on that opportunity? A legally binding contract is signed, cuz that's how big companies roll, and small ones too these days. Mistabishi is hyped, he gets paid and gets early acces to the new electribe.

Then he gets the damn thing, and I imagine he's just as disappointed as we are. Still the contract has been signed, he has a job to do. I have to imagine he's had it even before September, wouldn't you think they give the guys a couple months to write all those presets? He probably gripes to korg about the thing, and they tell him it's a preproduction prototype and they'll get it all fixed, just write the presets already that's your job and the engineers will do their job. Then he has to go demo it. Maybe he did get some bugs fixed since he first got it, maybe not, don't matter he's got to demo it, at least the sounds themselves are great right? All the while korg saying we'll fix the firmware just do your job!

So he goes and does these demos and he seems very nervous in all of them some of which is because it's still new and not so familiar but some because he knows it's got these huge flaws, but he's got the pressure to make it look good, that's his job, he'll maybe he already spent the money even.....

Just to be clear, the above story is fictional, just what I imagine the situation could be like. I don't know Mistabishi other than his EMX vids, but I can be pretty sure he had nothing to do with the engineering of this product, that's just not how these companies work.

So I've got some sympathy for the guy, but korg otoh rushed this thing out too early and I have little to no sympathy for them. It s not like they haven't had years and years to work on a successor electribe.
NickZoll

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesigma wrote:
Go watch his EMX vids on his YouTube channel. He made some pretty darn good drum n bass tracks on the old blue monster, though if your not into that style of music I'm not surprised you haven't heard of him. He is a YouTube sensation amongst a certain d'n'b and EMX user crowd, but afaik not a major name on the global scene, can't speak for his popularity in the uk which I believe is his home turf.

I imagine the scenario is like this, the guy is as I said a bit of a YouTube sensation and very skilled with the EMX, which he has owned for years and knows inside out. Korg asks him to write some patterns and promote a new generation of electribe, wouldn't any of us jump on that opportunity? A legally binding contract is signed, cuz that's how big companies roll, and small ones too these days. Mistabishi is hyped, he gets paid and gets early acces to the new electribe.

Then he gets the damn thing, and I imagine he's just as disappointed as we are. Still the contract has been signed, he has a job to do. I have to imagine he's had it even before September, wouldn't you think they give the guys a couple months to write all those presets? He probably gripes to korg about the thing, and they tell him it's a preproduction prototype and they'll get it all fixed, just write the presets already that's your job and the engineers will do their job. Then he has to go demo it. Maybe he did get some bugs fixed since he first got it, maybe not, don't matter he's got to demo it, at least the sounds themselves are great right? All the while korg saying we'll fix the firmware just do your job!

So he goes and does these demos and he seems very nervous in all of them some of which is because it's still new and not so familiar but some because he knows it's got these huge flaws, but he's got the pressure to make it look good, that's his job, he'll maybe he already spent the money even.....

Just to be clear, the above story is fictional, just what I imagine the situation could be like. I don't know Mistabishi other than his EMX vids, but I can be pretty sure he had nothing to do with the engineering of this product, that's just not how these companies work.

So I've got some sympathy for the guy, but korg otoh rushed this thing out too early and I have little to no sympathy for them. It s not like they haven't had years and years to work on a successor electribe.

+1 absolutely agree. They just found the guy who is one of the best with emx1 to promote the next generation.
dutchcow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today at 3pm NAMM time Korg has some event planned with the e2 in it. Doubt they will make some firmware announcement, but you never know!

For me personally I would be less frustrated if they put in the description the device software is unfinished before ordering it. With an instrument that is expected to be used in a professional and/or live setting its pretty darn important to get the basics of the firmware right.

Maybe I need to lower my expectations when buying new gear, or wait until it has been out for a few months. When I buy an instrument I expect it to work as intended.
spunkybackpack

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://mixmag.net/read/drum-n-bass-producer-mistabishi-has-been-found-making-racist-comments-news
1_inch_punch

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://nofile.io/f/9vMCmgdvEmK/electribe_sampler_allpattern.e2sallpat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: