Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Linux] microKEY Air bluetooth support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pypy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject: [Linux] microKEY Air bluetooth support Reply with quote

Hello,

Ubuntu 17.10 shows the device over bluetooth but cannot connect..

Suggestions? Drivers?
rehans

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: [Linux] microKEY Air bluetooth support Reply with quote

pypy wrote:

Suggestions? Drivers?

+1

I would like to know as well. Connecting the keyboard to Linux Ubuntu or Raspberry PI3 does not work though it shows up in the list of found devices.

The Raspberry PI3 throws an error message:

Code:
Pairing failed - GDBus.Error:org.bluez.Error.AuthenticationFailed: Authentication Failed
dreamcat4

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, on a desktop PC with ubuntu 18.04. And budgie desktop. I was finally able to get this device to pair over bluetooth.

It would keep coming up with authentication failure. Until eventually I turned bluetooth off, then on again. And did some other messing about. Then it would no longer appear anymore (the device, when searching). At that point the found and selected "Setup New Device..." from the system tray indicator.

Not sure which of the installed programs that was.

Anyhow, after paiiring, the device did appear under /dev/snd/ folder. Like this:

ls -lsa /dev/snd/by-id/usb-_Multimedia_Air_Mouse_Keyboard-02
0 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 12 Aug 25 21:34 /dev/snd/by-id/usb-_Multimedia_Air_Mouse_Keyboard-02 -> ../controlC3
${debian_chroot:+($debian_chroot)}id@apex:~$ ls /dev/snd
by-id by-path controlC0 controlC1 controlC2 controlC3 hwC0D0 hwC1D0 midiC2D0 pcmC0D0c pcmC0D0p pcmC0D1p pcmC0D2c pcmC1D3p pcmC1D7p pcmC2D0c pcmC2D0p pcmC3D0c seq timer

Unfortunately I could not get any further after that over bluetooth. Because in the dmesg, if kept printing:

[72912.123126] Bluetooth: hci0: last event is not cmd complete (0x0f)
[72927.994115] Bluetooth: hci0: last event is not cmd complete (0x0f)
[72944.378073] Bluetooth: hci0: last event is not cmd complete (0x0f)
[72960.196197] Bluetooth: hci0: last event is not cmd complete (0x0f)
[72976.124112] Bluetooth: hci0: last event is not cmd complete (0x0f)
[72991.940148] Bluetooth: hci0: last event is not cmd complete (0x0f)
[73008.380191] Bluetooth: hci0: last event is not cmd complete (0x0f)
[73024.250200] Bluetooth: hci0: last event is not cmd complete (0x0f)
[73040.123002] Bluetooth: hci0: last event is not cmd complete (0x0f)
[73055.995079] Bluetooth: hci0: last event is not cmd complete (0x0f)
[73072.378057] Bluetooth: hci0: last event is not cmd complete (0x0f)
[73088.251190] Bluetooth: hci0: last event is not cmd complete (0x0f)
[73104.068010] Bluetooth: hci0: last event is not cmd complete (0x0f)
[73119.996204] Bluetooth: hci0: last event is not cmd complete (0x0f)
[73136.324193] Bluetooth: hci0: last event is not cmd complete (0x0f)
[73152.250192] Bluetooth: hci0: last event is not cmd complete (0x0f)

Every 2 seconds.

However before getting my 1st successful bluetooth pairing, I also messed about and ran this cmd:

sudo hciconfig hci0 sspmode 0

Which might have messed something up. It seems related (hciconfig --> hci0). Not sure though. Because I dont actually know what the command did to my system, or how to reverse it!

And also, no new midi device appeared in the midi devices tab of qjcakctrl connections window.

And it did not appear listed by the 'amidi -l' command either.

Perhaps this is because korg only provides a bluetooth midi driver for win10 and os x. And not linux. However somebody else would need to confirm that.

This is recognized as a midi device over USB though. At least in alsa midi.

[edited]

And through usb, running the program a2jmidid will let you then connect it through qjackctl, by routing it through the virtual device named a2jmidid. Then it can jump over from the 'alsa' midi devices tab into the jack midi devices tab. Again, tn the same connections window.
dreamcat4

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah: this is interesting

If you do 'man hciconfig' on your rpi / linux terminal. It will print out all sorts of useful stuff about the bluetooth device pairing. and give you options how to configure it. For example like list detected devices, enable / disable authentication on them. etc.

Very interesting. Therefore I would recommend you try to play with that command and see if there is a way to coax it into being paired up / successful pairing.

That is: assuming the korg micro keys air2 presents itself as an 'HCI' type of bluetooth device.
pypy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dreamcat4 wrote:

And through usb, running the program a2jmidid will let you then connect it through qjackctl, by routing it through the virtual device named a2jmidid. Then it can jump over from the 'alsa' midi devices tab into the jack midi devices tab. Again, tn the same connections window.

Hi, Thanks!

but ... it's not entirely clear how you got to connect it.

Could you rebuild the installation again?

Does the piano appear on Jack devices?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: